Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: British war graves in Libya desecrated

Ian, they are not silly enough to do that, they have most of the oil,so can pay others to do that for them, and as far as education, most are in our private schools and universitys andrew.h

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

But they are..In Iraq they are currently busy blowing each other up. In Libya one faction is fighting another for control. The Syrians are having an 'ethnic' civil war. The Afghans will finish the one they have already started when we leave, as the Taliban take control again..Islamic fundamentalists are active in nearly every middle eastern country to one degree or another and many of the groups want Sharia Law, which IS like something from the middle ages....And they all hate the Israelis, Americans and most other westerners for no particular reason..They have proven enough times in the past when there are no foreigners to fight they will fight each other..Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

If you see this, tears must bee falling out of the sky!

Maybe the best is to bring those boys home.

No soldier who has give his live for freedom may overcome this!

email (option): bram@ockhuizen.com

Re- patriate the lot of them

It's the least that they deserve

Just my thoughts

Jo'b

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

I have always thought well of the American way of bringing home to rest all their fallen soldiers.

I have often thought it should have been done for our forces.

The Turks seem to have great respect for the dead of all sides, There is a great quote from Kemel Attaturk onthe subject, blowed if I can find it now.

That level of ignorance and in the name of their religion, man that's a very sad state of affairs. Maybe we should have left a Nazi strong hold there? I wonder what the country would be like? although that doesn't bear thinking about either.

This desecration included 48 Australian graves. This happened in March 2012.The Australian Federal Government and the Commonwealth War Graves commission protested to Libyan authorities .Rebel leaders issued an apology and pledged to help repair them. Restoration of the cemetery has now largely been completed. This information was just in our Melbourne paper yesterday.
cheers Dave J.

email (option): jamfam@dragnet.com.au

Just went past sunday for the 1st time to the Commonwealth Cemetery not far from where I live (Brunssum). Although small, still made a great impression to me. Sad how to see that on one day whole platoons were killed! Just all of them including their NCO's. Now resting in Dutch soil for ever. But also sad to see how local youth uses the chapel on this small sacrificed soil, as a kind of meetingplace, and leave witness of their stay there like coke-tins and cigarettes. So what happens in Libya, happens in some kind of manner over here. Barbarians are to be found everywhere.

The Dutch lads are probably not savages, just ignorant. Half the kids in England think Hitler was a British Prime Minister. The standard of education and the distance of time has made these kids (and their kind throughout Europe) totally ignorant and uncaring about the sacrifices made on their behalf.
A while ago a similar thing happened in France where the war graves of Jewish Squaddies were desecrated with swastikas etc.

Personally, I do not think this is a matter of ignorance. Everybody whith a bit of education knows waht a war-grave(yard) stands for. Isn't it more a matter of decency? Or even a mixture of this and lack of education? I don't deny your remark about not enough knwoledge of history by most of youth nowadays. So let's continuing telling the story of what happens when some 'ideas' set through. In coming octobre I will have a commemoration with schoolkids at a local small war memorial in a village near to me. Starting at the base, I call this.
Peter

The countries never been right since they stopped having cupboards under the stairs....Beat 'em once a week with a Hazel stick when they're small and more frequently if they break the rules...they have to learn there are limits to their behaviour.
There's a few parents that could stand a lesson in parental responsibility ...after all it is them that are ultimately responsible for the moral beliefs and social attitudes of their kids...
If you want to lose faith in the future of humanity all together just watch an episode of the Jeremy Kyle show and see the retards that 'star' on that..It reminds me of why I don't have a television, will challenge anyones belief that we have a society or education system that is properly structured and is a good argument for not allowing some of the current population to reproduce..... ....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1