Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
rims measure

Hello, I need to chanche the front wheel rim. My rims have 19" and 75mm width but the measuses of rim sizes in the technical information are differents (wm2- 69mm and wm3 - 78,3) Is it possible to find rims with my original size??

email (option): aleaja79@hotmail.com

Re: rims measure

Alex these rims sizes do seem to vary. However I have two spare good rims front and rear, which I'm sure are the size you mention. I'll check in the morning and report back. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I guess that if they have either Jones or Dunlop and WM3 stamped in them they are ok.

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

On a related subject...If anyone is building a civvy bike and is tempted to buy the stainless rims that are all over e bay, don't bother...They are Indian...My pal bought one for his Triumph project and had to scrap it as the dimpling and piercing was all wrong despite being listed as for his model....and the rim had a lot of 'inbuilt' runout, due to a crap welded joint... ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

These are the rims I have. They are indeed 75mm. I can't see a makers name through the paint though. I will put them on the 'For Sale' page in due course. Or email me.
I have ordered new chrome rims and stainless spokes from Devon Rim Co. They seem to know what they are talking about. Ron

photo IndianS147_zpsbbc99d6c.jpg

I don't know why you chaps have gone all metric - the measurement system preferred by Europe's first obnoxious little corporal.

A WM2 rim should measure 1.85" between the flanges and a WM3 is 2.15". The outer dimension is not critical (within reason).

"The outer dimension is not critical (within reason)".Rik

Except when you are trying to get your offset spot on. I only replied with a metric measurement because someone from overseas enquired that way Ron

OK, but let's not use decimal inches too then, that's more a US thing!

WM 0 – 1.5”or 1-1/2” or 38,1mm.
WM 1 – 1.6” or 1-19/32” or 40,6mm.
WM 2 - 1.85" or 1-27/32” or 47mm.
WM 3 - 2.15" or 2-5/32 or 54,6mm.
WM 4 - 2.5" or 2-1/5” or 63,5mm.

Searching some more, this info comes from US forums, and am not too sure this aplies to UK standards too?? says also the decimal sizes are SAE sizes (Standard Automotive Engineering) another US thing.

Will try to do some more digging in old books when back from abroad.

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Nieuwe pagina 1