Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Speedo Bracket Dimensions : Matchless G3L

Hi All, Can someone help me with the measurements/dimensions of a Matchless G3L speedo bracket. Simple part to make but, dint find them anywhere. I measured the distance between 2 bolts on the frame and they were about 50mm. Any pics will be very helpful

Thanks for everything
Tavery

email (option): tavery.p@hotmail.com

Re: Speedo Bracket Dimensions : Matchless G3L

Tavery it is simply an upside down 'T' and slightly raised up to the speedo. With holes to suit the top yolk and speedo studs. Then just put a radius on the ends. Ron

photo G3L008_zps611660e8.jpg

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Tavery, I think this the right one - it is from a post-war Matchless but I'm not aware of whether or not there were differences?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The 'T' is 2 9/16" (65mm) wide and 3 1/16" (77mm) long.

BTW - happy to swap this for something useful for my M20's but the postage from Australia might make that difficult.

Ray

email (option): rays54@hotmail.com

Thanks Ron, Thanks Ray...tried doing this but not quite gettin the shape right. Maybe I am trying too hard or too much. I ve seen an auto cad copy of this on the web long back. Dint need it then. Any idea? Whats the width of one arm of the T? Thanks again

Tavery

Tavery, I have sent some additional photos & dimensions to your email listed above.

Ray

email (option): rays54@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1