Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DU42 Frosted glass

Have acquired a NOS DU42 headlamp in service brown, it is complete with ammeter and switch, with a silver painted rim, but is missing its glass. I'm wondering if the frosted glass on these 6.1/2" headlamps had the "LUCAS DIFUSA" logo stamped on them originally or is this a DU142 8" feature?

email (option): ferrarakias@hotmail.com

Re: DU42 Frosted glass

I can't answer the question Kostas, but I know you can get a transfer of the LUCAS DIFUSA logo for the middle of the glass.
But you probably already know that

http://www.classictransfers.co.uk/pages/gallery/lucas-6706lc-21mm-dia-pound2.001214.php

I've just been through loads of pictures of WD 16H's and almost all the ones with 6 1/2" headlights have a blackout mask on. The few that haven't I can't see the glass.

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Hi Kostas,are you looking at the ones on ebay?,i think if you read all the script
he makes these ,he is offering different sizes.I cant comment on the product as i
have not seen these ,and am not nearly ready for lights yet.Perhaps if you check his feedback,there may be comments as to if anyone didn't likeee.
hope this helps
cheers Rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

I've got an original DU42 glass for my M20 without the 'Difusa' transfer...The again I have an original DU142 glass without it as well...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: DU142 Frosted glass

Anyone has a DU142 frosted glass available for me?

Many thanks in advance!

Regards,

Sven

email (option): snvosselman@gmail.com

Re: DU142 Frosted glass

I went to a local glass cutting place with my rim and told them to cut a piece of bathroom frosted glass to fit it. It cost a few pounds.

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1