Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Prices of parts

I went to the bike show at Ashford yesterday and looking around the stalls of auto jumble I saw some M20 bits but I was quite taken by a petrol tank which did look rather nice, looked like NOS but had a contract number on it so it couldn't have been, so I asked the chap how much he wanted for it, he said £500, so I walked away I thought, what a stupid person. How can they justify trying to make this much on a petrol tank, I know that things are becomming rare with M20 stuff, but that was taking the preverbial in my opinion. Perhaps he just didn't want to sell it.

TTJohn

email (option): Jomichael@aol.com

Re: Prices of parts

Like a lot of things I'm not really sure of the value of an M20 tank currently....For a start there are three tank types valued differently with the early one being the most expensive and the 'cut off' one the cheapest...Pattern tanks are around £200 plus shipping (and import taxes etc..)
I paid £200 for a really nice original 'non cut off' tank about 12 months ago..It seemed a bit pricey at the time but now looks cheap compared to the above...
The same tank today?..Well do the sums on buying, shipping and paying VAT and duties on an imported pattern tank...add a premium for an original part and there's the base price.....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

It's the same as the old ebay prices moan again I think. These parts are worth whatever some greedy dealer thinks they can get away with, but only if there is a very rich, very desperate or very daft buyer who will pay their price? It only takes one item to be sold for twice its 'genuine' or sensible value and suddenly, that becomes the recognised market value and every chancer with a similar item puts a nought on the end of his price tag.

Ian.

This was a cut away tank, so I cut away quite smartly.

TTJohn

email (option): Jomichael@aol.com

Hi John...Too much money for that for sure...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

i think i will start breaking mine £300+ for a speedo £500 for a petrol tank and so on dont panic i am not going to do it

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

I have a spare cutaway tank if needed. Email me for pictures.

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1