Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lucas magneto Norton 16H

Hi all,

I am just building up my magneto ignition. The inner timing ring as you know could ne adjusted as you all know. The bolt turning the ring and linked to the groove halways looses his position because. The reason I guess is the wrong stop screw in my magneto. Does anyon has a picture of the correct one that I can rebuilt it.

Thanks a lot

Phillip

email (option): phillip.thaler@gmx.at

Re: Lucas magneto Norton 16H

Hi Phillip, My 1940 16H mag/dyno and my 1949 ES2 have a different points set up than yours, mine has a cam disc not a cam ring.
What year is your bike? The points on yours look like the type fitted to a Lucas K1F/K2F etc. is your mag/dyno 50's dated..?

Here's what mine looks like. The mag on the left has the advance cable on the left for tight wire advance and the mag on the right is set up for slack wire advance for a 16H. Your cam ring should move with the cable and there should be a spring in there to return it.

photo IMAG2017-1_zpscb489c75.jpg

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Re: Lucas magneto Norton 16H

I know that sometime pre war mags used a cam ring as opposed to the plate. I also know that the location grooves are different depending on rotation direction. Maybe something to investigate? Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1