Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Something funny happened on Ebay

Did you see that change on Ebay, or am I the only one? Instead of receiving the daily news on the specific items, for instance "Romac 'half a crown' tyre repair" I get a long e-mail with numerous clickable links, and when I click, I do not get the results about those Romac kits but a lot of more or less related images.
Something to do with the fear of cyber crime

PS: I have the problem on my Win7 AND the XP computers!

email (option): viaconsu [at] planet [dot] nl

Re: Something funny happened on Ebay

Hi Hans, thanks for posting this. It's interesting intelligence. Currently, there's a lot of very dodgy activity from Russia, The Ukraine, Latvia, Slovenia and other eastern European states (plus China) which is exploiting new "targets of opportunity" in the www.

Everyone needs to be ESPECIALLY on their guard until things settle down, if they ever do.

A lot of the big companies are being hacked on an almost daily basis, and even individuals such as you and me are at risk through our web sites and email.

Increase your virus protection if you can, and avoid suspicious emails - and avoid following suspicious links.

It's worth remembering that the Russians are more actively threading bogus pages and scripts on random websites. Those scripts are sending out spam and malware to other innocent sites and using them as "springboards". We've already seen some evidence of that with members of this site having their email accounts hacked. Yahoo and Rocketmail is a particular target.

Also, anyone with a website should check their stats and look for unusually high page demands. We've had two incidents on Sump in which 33mb and 75mb of bandwidth was suddenly hijacked (which put us offline for about half an hour). We've blocked the offenders and have taken other measures, but they'll probably be back - so we're ready for them (or as ready as you can be).

email (option): dannydefazio@sumpmagazine.com

Nieuwe pagina 1