Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re-commissioning help!

I've been trying to find the right motorbike to secure for 2014, but have had no luck as yet. Missed a few restored bikes along the way, but even those need a fair amount of fettling to be reliable. I have found a 1941 M20 that looks very promising, but it will need wiring and re-commissioning. Being that I'm in California, I am hoping to find someone in the UK to take on a re-commissioning project! I am hesitant to go directly through a shop, as standard shop rates can get out of hand rather quickly. Anyone looking for a new M20 project, but who doesn't want/need another bike for themselves?

All thoughts and suggestions greatly appreciated!

Thanks much,

Mark

email (option): wingco40@hotmail.com

Re: Re-commissioning help!

Mark,

As I am not a Matchless expert I can't tell you what's correct or incorrect with this bike....

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/MATCHLESS-G3-1939-350cc-MOTORCYCLE-READY-TO-ENACT-OR-FILM-WORK-/261169868708?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item3cceefefa4

or you can buy this Norton with some incorrect parts, but running (according to the seller..)

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/Norton-baujahr-1944-Model-16H-ex-zweite-weltkriegsmachine-mit-belgische-brief-/310641337075?pt=Motorr%C3%A4der&hash=item4853aaa2f3

This is a trader with many more motorcycles (including Beeza's) for sale and possibilities to ship worldwide;

www.dutch-lion-motorbikes.com

Regards,
Sven

email (option): snvosselman@gmail.com

The Norton does not look too badly, but if it is a Indian restoration (all those extra chromed bits?) it could be a load of sh.t.
It is in the Netherlands, with Belgian registration papers (claims the seller) and some WD parts (rear rack, side racks, side stand) missing.

Basic checking engine and gearbox, wheel bearings, brakes, cables, magneto and dynamo, and a quick field respray should not be too expensive.

email (option): rpa@robvanmeel.nl

Mark I'm not looking for any major rebuild work. But I can do some fettling/Re-wiring/Commissioning work and store a bike till 2014..... Poole UK. With a Ferry 3 miles from my home for the 70 mile crossing to the Normandy beaches. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Mark,

I know the guy who is selling this bike if you like I can phone him!

regards,

Bram

email (option): bram@ockhuizen.com

There's a guy in Chatsworth, CA that has a 49 G3L. It's a Dutch ex army bike and is complete

It's at this shop: http://www.valleycycles.net/

Good luck on your search.

Kevin

I think Mark wants to purchase a bike in GB/Europe so that he has it here for 2014. A 49 Matchless wouldn't comply for the big tour next year. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks everyone for your help, recommendations and offers. I have a few more very good leads on the right motorbike for 2014. I will post again as things progress. Looking forward to meeting up in Normandy.

Thanks Mark

email (option): wingco40@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1