Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dambusters charity motorcycle ride

There's a motorcycle ride to commemorate the Dambusters Raid. The ride starts on the 14th May 2013 at RAF Scampton, Lincolnshire, and continues through to the 16th-17th May 2013 (the 70th anniversary of the raid).

British and German (and of course all other bikers) are invited. There's a piece on it now on the March 2013 Sump page, plus a link to the organisers.

Note that terms and conditions apply.

Here's a link: http://www.sumpmagazine.com/classicbikenews/index.htm

email (option): dannydefazio@sumpmagazine.com

Re: Dambusters charity motorcycle ride

Danny, is there any particular time that the meet up starts? I can't take part in the event itself, but as Scampton is just 6 miles down the road from me, I thought I would ride along for a look and chuck some money in the collecting tin, but I can't see a start time anywhere?

Hi Bill, I haven't seen a start time. The information simply refers to "the morning". So you can decide for yourself what that means, or contact the organisers.

email (option): dannydefazio@sumpmagazine.com

Cheers Danny, I'll do that.

Great idea for charity but. You meet up at scampton then you have to make your own way to the dam in germany and meet up there .Why didnt they organise it so everybody went together i think that would have been a lot better. I will be going to thorpe camp this was the home of 617 while they put the runways down at scampton .When they did the dams raid there was only grass at scampton. Anyway their is a ww2 weekend at thorpe camp and i think a bbmf flypast.

email (option): cooperbaumber@yahoo.com

Will you be taking a bike along to the Thorpe Camp do Mr. Forrest? I was thinking of tootling along there on the Matchless if I get a chance.

Dont do tootling its knee down at corners and wheelies on the straights .And thats on a g3l. Mr pullan. ps have you got that ww1 tank made yet.

email (option): cooperbaumber@yahoo.com

hi danny we live in Norfolk which isn't far away it would be nice if a few of us took part aswell as ive now done my royal enfield up in RAF markings
cheers michael

Nieuwe pagina 1