Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Front mudguard redux

Sorry, no ducks here. I bought a well used fr. mudguard from a forum member, and I'm about to bash it into proper shape. On "top" where it fastens to the mudguard stem of the forks, and also at the "rear", where the front stand fastens, the mudguard is mis-shapened and flattened. On the inside are plates welded on for support.

Top outside photo DSCN1756_zps07c69986.jpg
R. outside photo DSCN1758_zps5e0cbafd.jpg

Is the shape of the mudguard to be smooth and round in these areas, or are there flat spots present? Are there supposed to be re-enforcing plates there and is this a common area for problems?
My forks are the long set, #66-5016, so I gather I need to have the distance piece #66-6557. Is this correct, and what is this part like? I know it's hex shaped, 1/2 inch long, but is it an internally threaded spacer, or male threads on one end and female on the other, male both ends? Thanks
Damon

email (option): siradrad@verizon.net

Re: Front mudguard redux

I can help with the hex spacer - here is a well worn one:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The mudguards I have do have plates spot welded in both locations so you can see the slight spot weld marks but the guard itself is relatively smooth and not pushed in as both of those appear to be,
THe bottom rear is flat across the area of the plate with both of mine but I can't swear that is how they should be.

email (option): rays54@hotmail.com

Re: Front mudguard redux

Thanks Ray, that helps a lot, especially the spacer
Damon

email (option): siradrad@verizon.net

Nieuwe pagina 1