The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Kempton Park

Hi all

Went kempton park today & met a number of forum members

Ron & the Poole gang, guy, marnic & rik from Belgium, Lex from holland, John & joe Tinley, Sean & Paul from the NOBS

It was freezing cold & snowing - some usual traders never showed & some even left when we were there

Still managed to get an M20 mudguard tail piece with contract plate attached & some NOS L10 plugs

I had left by 10.30 - I guess I'm not as hardcore as I used to be !!

Job

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Re: Kempton Park

Nice to see you again John and sorry that you had to go before it was my turn to get the tea and toasties in.

I stuck it out till mid-day but didn't buy anything apart from the photos. We went to the Brooklands Museum after that.

I left home at 2.30am yesterday to catch the 6.00am 'Shuttle' and got back in at 1.45 this morning after creeping at 20mph round the Brussels ring as the snow started piling up. I was seriously glad that I had proper winter tyres on as the 4" or so of snow was enough to get some cars stuck on the slip roads.

Was it worth it ? In parts-finding terms, not exactly. It's a social event really and one never knows where the next bargain will be.

email (option): 79x100@gmail.com

Yes it was a barren journey!! took this piccy on the way back, on the motorway in Belgium:

Only found some aircraft wheel and tyres, (size 24x7) still don't know what off??

But had a hunch there was something good there for me, and there was, only Rik found it first! but that's OK, "it will stay ïn the family"

Thanks John, for the hospitality! and it was good to meet up with everybody again.

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Bit too hardcore for me you guys, my children would have hated me for ever dragging them round, I needed a few cleaning bits, oils etc, next time hey...Thats not a Mustang or Lightning wheel?

you lot are mad or keen to go outside in this cold weather i bet there were a lot of round things from brass monkies rolling around on the ground

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

Nieuwe pagina 1