Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The price of crankcases

In a recent post Ian was asking the price of crankcases and it was said that ebay would be a good indication of there worth. I thought I'd watch a set to see the final price...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BSA-M20-21-CRANK-CASES-/281075130615?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=weFYqWYNGnL%252BHKV3u6OpFnnh4tA%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I don't know anything about M20's so they could be post war etc I don't know but I am surprised at the final price

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Re: The price of crankcases

They are post war crankcases..and appear to have had the number messed with as well...These are probably the lowest value BSA heavyweight single cylinder crankcases but despite that I would say they were a bargain, particularly if the cam followers and oil pump drive are serviceable....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Yes it looks like a bargain to me. I wish I could find the things I want that cheap. It shows there are still bargains to be found on ebay

Depends upon what you call cheap.
You could have had a complete WM 20 engine ( ex hargon swing saw ) supposed to be fully reconditioned for a mere $ 750 Aus.
The seller has had it on Gumtree , ebay , trading post & Just bikes for around 4 months.

Of course these engines had a platform maggy & no dynamo

email (option): wariron@tpg.com.au

When it's too cheap, you know it's a scam, especially on Gumtree.

the trouble i have found selling on gumtree is a lot of people who want you to send it to somewhere like outer mongoler or are on a oilrig in the north sea and want you wait for payment

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

Nieuwe pagina 1