Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
paint

i have brushed painted a tool box(not M20) with nato green Polyurethane satin finish 4 week ago i can scrape it off with my finger nail i prepaired the surface can anybody tell me what going wrong thank roger

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

Re: paint

That's a difficult one to answer Rog. I have found that one task that seems to elude some folk, is stirring the paint properly. I have welded a big square washer at an angle to the end of a piece of 1/4" bar. This acts as a paddle in my electric drill and I can get right down to the bottom of a 5 ltr can. Stirring with a stick is not the best idea. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Roger, Polyurethane paint is rubbish. I was sold it to spray my 16H and luckily, before I did, a friend told me to do a test piece as he didn't think it was petrol proof. He was right, it came straight off with petrol on a cloth. It also takes months to go off properly, I left it for over a month and it was still soft. Throw the stuff away it's useless.

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

I made a (Mk1) stirrer for my electric drill...I soon moved on to the Mk2 after the Mk1 went through the side of a 5 litre tin...Doooh!.. ..Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

ian does it make good floor paint

Yes Roger..and good boot paint... ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

i spoke to a paint man he said if its too cold and putting on too thick when cold it can take a very long time to harden also it need a realy good stir as well thank you everbody roger

Nieuwe pagina 1