Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Attention ..Neale Gentner, Darren Cartwright, Sam Marwick

All you Ozzies named above are due a parcel from the Motherland...I don't know whether any of you are close to each other but there may be advantages to combined shipping.
Let me know if you would like me to check this out after you have talked amongst yourselves...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: Attention ..Neale Gentner, Darren Cartwright, Sam Marwick

Ian, I expect these Ozzy's live quite close to each other! Probably only 500-600 miles apart .
I was watching a program last week about a husband and wife who drive one of those Oz road trains. They decided to park the trailers in a lay-by and drive the truck to visit Aires Rock as they were in the neighbourhood.......it was just 750 miles away Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

They are lucky Ron..They have space and sunshine...A few too many bugs, snakes and other unfriendly critters though.... ...Ian

It better not be a case of that warm stuff you Poms call beer :- P

email (option): Darrenacartwright@yahoo.au

Ian
Sam is only 100 Kms away from me, I don't know where Neale is.
I am happy to go along with what the others decide.

Will there be any mushy peas in the parcel??
I only eat real food not that Cockney crud.

It is alright here the deadly poisonous spiders eat the bugs and the worlds most venomous snakes eat the spiders.
The weather is alright but you Poms would melt in the 42C heat

email (option): Darrenacartwright@yahoo.com.au

Ron
I went for a short drive yesterday ( Sunday) it was only 800kms
That's bigger than the length of the mother country isn't it?

By the way my family is from Somerset and London

Hi Darren...I cook my dinner at that temperature... ...The parcel isn't Pommie beer...that would be far too strong for you lads bought up on weak lager... ...I'll mail you all anyway with individual shipping costs...Ian

There's the old saying that relates to Yanks and Ozzy's. "You think 200 years is a long time. We think 200 miles is a long way" Ron

At least us Aussies are good at the game you Poms invented, you know cricket.
Do you know why we call you Poms?
Because it is the colour you go in the sun, pomegranate.

Remember only mad dogs and Poms go out in the miday sun.

Hello Ian.If combined postage is cheaper thats OK with me,although I dont know where Neale hangs his hat. Ron,I travel about 700 miles a week just to and from work which is how I clocked up over 350 thousand miles on my 80"series 1 Landy before the company gave me a work ute.Just starting to get my hearing back now.

email (option): smarwick@iprimus.com.au

I still maintain that it is you lot that are the Pohms! "Prisoner of His/Her Majesty"
Going back to those old days, since when we have been called "Limeys" because of the citrus fruit our sailors were given to avoid Scurvy.

It's all done in the best possible taste folks Ron

I have PM'd Darren & Sam re localities

Ian, I will advise when something is sorted

Neale

email (option): n.gentner@bigpond.com

I have PM'd Darren & Sam re localities

Ian, I will advise when something is sorted.

Neale

Thanks Neale...The French (Frogs), call us 'Roast Beefs'...I guess because it's a national dish...Ron..Aren't the Aussies 'Diggers'?...Ian

I spent the winter of 1986 in Antarctica with among others, a French chef, he always called it "rost biff", he also had a few other quaint pronunciations and sayings, poor bugger karked it a few years back.

Yes Ian, but apart from Sam, Neale and Darren who we know of. I think most of the rest are called Bruce or Sheila.
It's good that piss taking transcends the globe Ron

I don't know what it is you're sending Ian, but the more you have in a parcel the more the total value and the chance of customs duty. Just one thing to think of

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Please don't stop this interaction! Very amusing!

Regards,

Sven

and no, don't put me in between you.....

email (option): snvosselman@gmail.com

Ron Pier
I still maintain that it is you lot that are the Pohms! "Prisoner of His/Her Majesty"
Going back to those old days, since when we have been called "Limeys" because of the citrus fruit our sailors were given to avoid Scurvy.

It's all done in the best possible taste folks Ron

Yes Ron it is in Jest,
No convicts in my bloodline we came out as free settlers at the start of the gold rush.

Diggers refers to the ANZAC Corps but hearlds back to the gold rush.

It's alright Sven I won't mention Volvos or Ikea furniture

Ian Neale is about 2500 Kms away from us. Might be easier to post seperately.
Cheers all

Darren.............I'm not from Sweden!

The Netherlands it is, so no funny lines about cloggs and windmills, that would be too easy...

Regards,

Sven

email (option): snvosselman@gmail.com

Hi Sven..What about shoes made from trees?... ...Ian

Sorry Sven
I didn't realize you are a rollmop eater, knowing a few clogwogs here I will try not to make you angry knowing my Aunties temper.
Sorry to confuse you with a swish dish
Cheers Darren

Ron Pier
Ian, I expect these Ozzy's live quite close to each other! Probably only 500-600 miles apart .
I was watching a program last week about a husband and wife who drive one of those Oz road trains. They decided to park the trailers in a lay-by and drive the truck to visit Aires Rock as they were in the neighbourhood.......it was just 750 miles away Ron

Ron,

Turns out the 2 southerners only live 100km apart, but I live a good day's ride ride further north, 1,800km near enough.

It was 33C on Sunday, but has been overcast since, very pleasant 25C.

I'm too busy to pop down and collect what I presume are my knobs, so unless one of the southerners feels like a quick spin up my way, it looks like Ian might have to post separately.
Please advise total, Paypal ok?
Neale

Hi Ian
You seem to have all these other Kiwis tied down ok (they live in the West Island of New Zealand but there are 4 islands in NZ - North island, Mainland, Stewart Island, and of course the west Island over the Tasman sea) but did you sort out the postage to NZ for my batt box and knob? I'm near the bottom of the North Island just a bit further down under!
Best wishes to all our mates across the Tassie and all you others.
Doug W

email (option): watsond@xnet.co.nz

Doug
West island ???
Are your referring to the largest Island in the world.

Cheers Darren

Hi Darren
Yes - sometimes called The Commonwealth of Australia
Cheers
Doug W

email (option): watsond@xnet.co.nz

Sam, all those miles on a Series 1 Landy, you must have to be an Investment Banker to afford the petrol!

email (option): sacombsashtrees@hotmail.com

Sven
Darren.............I'm not from Sweden!

The Netherlands it is, so no funny lines about cloggs and windmills, that would be too easy...

Regards,

Sven

Sven I have found the Dutch to be a very tough race of people, who pioneered South Africa on their BSA M20's, can drink two spoons of coffee in a very small cup, are all tall enough to survive below sea level and grow some very peculiar plants. Ron

Neale Gentner
Ron Pier

Ron,

Turns out the 2 southerners only live 100km apart, but I live a good day's ride ride further north, 1,800km near enough.

It was 33C on Sunday, but has been overcast since, very pleasant 25C.

I'm too busy to pop down and collect what I presume are my knobs, so unless one of the southerners feels like a quick spin up my way, it looks like Ian might have to post separately.
Please advise total, Paypal ok?
Neale

Any of you Going to the All British ?
I will be there on the M20 that I was never going to ride to abother one after 2000.
So I can bring it up to Sinny.
Fred Jupe of the QldBSAOC usually goes as well so he can take them as far as Runnaway Bay.
That should be getting close to 2500 km north.

email (option): wariron@tpg.com.au

Gees is that two Aussies with diferent names ?

On a different point many years back on abother list I mentioned that I had been riding around 250,000 Km a year.
So riding to a particular event was not much of a novelty to me.
Several of the USA members challenged this on the strength that there was almost no freeways in Sydney & it would be impossible to do those Km a year.
They backed off when they worked out my round trip to the depot ( where I picked up the freight from ) was 180 km .

You Aussies wouldn't be so quick to ride 2000km in our bloody weather...I rode to work for 25 years..rain, snow, ice and more rain with a few weeks of sunshine (which you would think was a winters day) thrown in every couple of years.... ...Ian

Ian Wright
You Aussies wouldn't be so quick to ride 2000km in our bloody weather...I rode to work for 25 years..rain, snow, ice and more rain with a few weeks of sunshine (which you would think was a winters day) thrown in every couple of years.... ...Ian

Ian
I ride about 100kms per day to and from work, rain hail or shine. Sometimes it has been as hot as 48C other times I have 3" of water in my boots.
I sometimes ride up to 500kms for a good meal and a cider. But most of the time the weather is good, no sleet or snow here.

Trevor
I will try to make to the ABR but unfortunately it won't be on a Beeza, all four are in the process of restoration.
They won't let the Yammy in the gates so I will drive up for the day.

Cheers Darren

Trevor,
I'll be there with my m21 plunger.

email (option): spacemonkeym@gmail.com

Well pop round for a nice glass or two of a good red.
Won't be hard to find my "civy" model.
It is still wearing the same sad saddle" that Cathcart took a fancy to & published twice in Old Bike few years back.
We usually camp near the the canter & will have a black pegola with a yellow BSAMCC of NSW sign on it ( if I can find the sign ).
Should be Shanes Firebird ( US version no badges ) & probably Marks M20.

Bike Beesa
Trevor

Don't forget some piccys for the forum...Ian

Well for 23 years I ran a courier company, from the saddle of one of our bikes ( all XJ's except for an R 65LC , GT800 Kwaka & my old SR 500 ) .
So I rode 100 K to work 400-600 km / day for work then another 100 k home , all day every day, during deluges. on days with foot ball sized hail stones, through 60 Km/hr winds , past cars floating down the road on days so hot that I ripped tar off the road under my boots & I had to lean the bike against a wall because both the side & center stand sunk into the road, so a couple of "misty limey days " would present no challenge at all.
We Aussies are born tough

Thanks for the invite Trevor, will do.

email (option): spacemonkeym@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1