Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Introduction

Hi Folks
Just dropping a line to introduce myself to the Forum. I'm overwhelmed by the amount of info available on this Forum and how busy it is, it'll take forever to read all the posts!! Anyway I'm a wd 16H and one time M20 owner in the sunny north of England and I look forward to contributing myself in the future.
Regards
Keith H

Re: Introduction

Hi Keith...Welcome to the forum...We need all the 16Hs we can get after the last event in Normandy.(I'd better not say too much. )...You might spend the rest of your life going back through previous posts...but one thing is certain...if you need information or advice you're in the right place....Sold an M20 to get a Norton?...Surely that can't be right?...Ian (M20)

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Now all you've got to do is sell the Norton and get a Matchless!

Welcome to the Forum Keith, it's by far the best and most friendly one on the Internet. There is always someone to help out with just about everything.

Yes Ian, some people are smart enough..............

Welcome Keith, please post as many pictures as possible, we like that. And don't listen to Bill, he's from a minority group...

Looking forward to meeting you once (Normandy 2014 perhaps?), just like the other forum members.

Regards,

Sven
2x WD16H

email (option): snvosselman@gmail.com

Well done Keith, I like you already
It'll be brilliant if there's lots of 16H's at Normandy next year, but if you don't go, it's still great to have you on the forum.

As Sven says, we want pictures

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

What's a minority group?...Another 14 M20s and there'll be 70 for the 70th. anniversary...Not bad...the first 'M20 tour' I organised in Normandy there were 15..for the 65th. there were 56.... .(I like them all really)..Ian

How far north hope you are not past watford

email (option): cooperbaumber@yahoo.com

I used to live up that way...Clitheroe and Keighley...I've lived in Devon for so long though that I think I might be a yokel.. ...Ian

Hi Folks
Many thanks for the warm welcome. I'm sorry I cannot do Normandy this year, maybe in 2014. Just love the humour on this site, as for the photos I'm a bit of a newbie at this and cannot work out how to post them but I'm sure there's a thread on it somewhere. once again many thanks and I'll be in touch.
Regards
Keith H

Hi Keith...2014 is the one to do...it's the 70th. anniversary of D Day and there will be around 200 WD bikes in Normandy for the commemorations..There will be more information on the forum around July/August this year when 'booking on' for the event gets underway..I'm sure the Norton contingent would be very pleased to see you......Ian

Well, let's be honest....
I like all allied forces WW2 motorcycles, also the strokers...
especially if someone takes the time and puts a lot of energy in restoring one and sharing the restauration progress here on the forum.
So many makes and types but the one feeling that connects us makes this forum that unique that it can't be missed by all of us and that's what it's about isn't it?
As I said before, please share your stories (and pictures) with us!

Regards,
Sven

email (option): snvosselman@gmail.com

Well said Sven!It's amazing that any of them are still a round after the hard life they have usually had for the last 70 years, so as long as they are being looked after and enjoyed, who cares what it says on the tank.

It will be a very big year next year, not only 70 years since D-Day, but also 100 years since the start of WW1 and it doesn't seem like five minutes since we were talking about the 70th anniversary of that!!

Nieuwe pagina 1