Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1944-45 tank markings Highland division

Hi all!

After almost having sold my bike, my brain got to it's sense and I have decided to bring the old lady back to life.
I am painting the wm20 1945 in British olive drab (BSC 298) and applied the 51st Highland division markings. This division liberated my hometown, s'-Hertogenbosch.
Doe anyone have information what to paint on the right side of the tank?
My knowledge of this regiment is limited, which color and what number could match this Highland division?

Tips and idea's are vey welcome!

Many thanks!

Regards, Daan

Re: 1944-45 tank markings Highland division

Daan, I'm afraid that you've still got to narrow things down a bit.

The 'Formation Sign' or Divisional Insignia was not, strictly speaking, displayed on motorcycles after 1941 but it was on the other vehicles and it's a commonly seen area of 'artistic licence' where a tribute is intended..

However, an infantry division was made up (generally)of three brigades, each comprising three battalions.

You can therefore choose between quite a number of HQ units (Divisional Signals, Artillery , Engineers, Mobile Bath Unit, that sort of thing..., plus the reconnaissance unit, or any of nine infantry battalions, each with a unique combination of colour and number.

Hi Daan,

If you give me your home adress off line, I will send you a copy of the markings page of my book "the British Soldier part 2". I live in Holland as well so that won't be too difficult.

Regards,

Ramon

email (option): noahlevi6@hotmail.com

Hi Daan,

Managed to get the pages scanned and mailed it to your home email adress.

Please let me know whether you received it OK.

Regards,

ramon

email (option): noahlevi6@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1