Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Searching for bearings

Hello,

I am searching some bearings for a log time. until now i din´t find some. so I hope that somebody of you can help me.
I have a Triumph 3HW build in 1942.
Therefor I need some steering bearings.
aybe it ca be tapered roller bearings. maybe also some other, but they should have the following dimensions:
1 " x 1 3/4" x 1/2"

than some roll bearings for the gearbox with the following dimensions:
1 1/4" x 2 1/2" x 5/8"
3/4" x 1,875" x 0,561"

it would be so good, if soemone can help me.

best regards,
Philipp

email (option): wobler@gmx.net

Re: Searching for bearings

Hello Philipp. John Brewster makes steering stem bearings for both lightweight and heavyweight girder Triumphs. Try him on jhbeng@yahoo.co.uk Or I can phone him on your behalf. I will also have to purchase a gearbox bearing in the near future and have bought them before from my local bearing supplier. I can order two if you want. Might be better if I strip the box and get the bearing out as a pattern. I usually use a sealed bearing and remove the inner seal as it helps stop leaks. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Philipp I have stripped this box and can confirm the drive side main shaft bearing as you described it. I've been busy today removing some deep scratches from the cases. I'll be going to the bearing shop very soon to obtain both main shaft bearings. Can you contact me ASAP if you want me to get you something. Ron

photo 5SW056_zps7b3c52d3.jpg

Ron. Drop me an email with what you need and I will do my best for you.

Regards
Darren

email (option): dwrudd@lineone.net

Thanks for the kind offer Darren. I have a bearing store just a couple of miles away and they always seem to come up with the goods and with reasonable discounts. However some bearings are harder to track down than others and there is always the tendency for them to offer Indian products as an alternative....Which I always refuse. So I might be in touch. Cheers Ron

Nieuwe pagina 1