Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
dating....age related & all that jazz

I have just returned home after a very pleasant visit to the DVLA Brighton office lasting all of 20 minutes.
Having previously getting my dating certificate from the VMCC (had to supply photo's of frame & engine number plus one photo of each side of bike) I took said dating certificate + photo's , MOT ,Insurance (on frame number) & form V55/5 along with me presenting them to the young lady at the counter.
The young lady said "just one moment while I check the authenticity of this dating certificate" they must now have a system in place for so doing...she returned shortly afterwards saying "thankyou very much that will be £55 first registration fee...would you like to collect your registration number or would you prefer we post it to you"
I asked how long it would take and was informed about two days...I elected for them to post it to me just to save myself another trip.
Had to supply I.D. of course as is the norm.
So no waiting for appointment to take bike for physical examination / verification in fact no examination neccessary.
Oh boy happy days...will be plodding around East Sussex next week (weather permitting) another 1945 WD M20 saved to be enjoyed.

email (option): g.gilbert946@btinternet.com

Re: dating....age related & all that jazz

Great news, well done

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

The stories where people (myself included) have done well with the DVLA invariably include the fact that they had visited their local office in person and spoken to a human being, god knows how we'll all get along when they finish making things 'more efficient' shut them all and it's all done on the internet!! Glad to hear there is another old war horse back on the road, great stuff!

Oh yes I am one happy boy.....gotta get my finger out now to finish restoring
the 1945 G3L before the local offices shut in June

email (option): g.gilbert946@btinternet.com

Well done George , I think I will take all the pics when I go to sort out my M20, cooking desert stew tonight, anyone want the recipe? andrew.h.

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1