Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 1945 one piece waterproof

Sorry rob,Somthing like Suit, Tank, Winter, For the use of,LOL Id normaly take a pic, but was trying to buy and carry off a cook stove at the time,!! went back to try it on but he had packed up and gone home andrew.h.

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

Hi Rob
I have been collecting british WW2 unforms and equipment for over 30 years and I have one of the suits that you have. I know for sure that its not a tank suit, and it wasnt for motorcylists and it wasnt used in canoes. Landing/harbour crews for flying boats wore something similar but its not one of those either.But what it is and who used them, I have so far drawn a blank? They are quite rare and yours is only the third I have seen in 30 years but because no one seems to know what they are they have been quite cheep, I paid £30 each for the 2 that I have seen, but that was a number of years back.
I know that this doesnt help much but if you do find some information I would love to know myself.
Cheers
Frank

Hi Frank

Are they always late war (1945).

Perhaps they were designed to be a universal suit but not put into mass production because the war ended?

Rob

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1