Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cyclone batteries

Can these batteries be used with a Lucas MCR regulator?

email (option): Gasboy@btinternet.com

Re: Cyclone batteries

Cyclon batteries I use myself but only with solid state Reg/rec & I think that's the recommended set up.
Its states that in the link I'm posting below (they sell Cyclon batteries) the chap who runs the site is very helpful.....

http://www.norbsa02.freeuk.com/goffybatteries.htm

I ran Cyclon batteries with an MCR2 on one of my bikes for about 7 years without any problems...Also I have the same set up on my M20..although the battery is now flat as my dynamo packed up a while back, so may now be US. I'll find out when I put a new dynamo in shortly...I know theoretically they shouldn't be allowed to drop below 4 volts....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Every one of my bikes has a Cyclone battery fitted whether it's an original MCR1 or one fitted with an electronic unit. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Ok, if it worked for Ian and Ron I will give them a try.

email (option): Gasboy@btinternet.com

i dont know what all the fuss is over batteries it is now the sixth year i have have the same cheap scooter battery in my bike i disconnect it for the winter yes it is a bit flat but not fully flat a half hour run gets it back to working order and i have never had to top it up with distilled water

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

Roger, for me its all about the fact they are sealed, I've also bought my last 2 cyclons last year for £8 each off a site called "Ebid" so I didn't have to pay over the top either.
My experience of the first one I got in about 2004 was so impressive I don't consider the runny/vented type now.

I've got to buy batteries for my M20 as none were present when I got it, I've had a quick look on the Internet but where do you source these Cyclone batteries from?

email (option): 79Aust@sky.com

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/E-6v-8Ah-Sealed-Lead-Acid-Cyclon-Enersys-Monobloc-Battery-/170997299626?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item27d03bb9aa

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

I buy all mine from Mick Ash at the jumbles. I bought another 5amp Cyclon from him yesterday at Shepton for £17. The lager 8 amp batteries are about £20 I think. These still fit inside one of Ian's WD battery box's or you can fit two 5 amps. Mick will be at Kempton as usual on 23rd March at the top of the slope past the burger bar. Or contact him on mob 07811 203996 home 01949 20471 email arielfeetup@aol.com
He's a nice bloke and his Cyclones are about half the price of others I've seen on the internet. He also sells Morris's oil which I always use at about £17 5ltrs. Although someone else had it at £16 yesterday. Ron

Thanks Henkel & Ron.
Order placed.
Julian

Is it just one of these batteries I need, it's just arrived and looks a bit small for the requirements it has.

Julian

It's probably a 5 amp battery, which is all I ever use on a magneto bike. I can confirm if you give me the measurements of yours.

Ron

Ron,

Mine is an 8ah as per the recommended link above on eBay .
Dimensions:
(h x w x d)
101 x 135 x 51 (mm)

Thanks,
Julian

That sounds right Julian. I usually fit the 5 amp version which is only about 70mm tall. I wrap them in bubble wrap to keep them cuddled up in my dummy battery box's. It's also a good idea to fit an in-line fuse. These bikes only need a battery for lights and horn. I have fitted an 8 amp to my Indian 741 which is coil ignition though. Ron

Nieuwe pagina 1