Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Coming soon M20 rear spindles

A friend of mine has done all the hard work on making some stainless steel wheel spindles for rigid M20's. the price has yet to be determined, but probably about £45 , this includes the nut for the other side. He has just to make the spindles themselves as he has made all the rest of the bits. I'm not sure when he will have them sorted as he works all the hours god sends in his proper job, but if anyone is interested please let me know. He has only made 45 of them and when they are gone it will be some time before he gets round to doing any more. They can be left as is, or he can bead blast them to give the cadmium plated effect

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Re: Coming soon M20 rear spindles

I'm interested Dave. Keep me informed.

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Dave...I'm interested in one...That is assuming they are dimensionally accurate replicas in all respects...Also how is he planning to attach the head to the shaft?..Could you find that out?...A picture of the completed parts would be good when they are ready..Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

They are going to be tig welded then machined back the reason I know that is because I'm going to be welding them. The nuts he's done appear exactly the same as the ones on the spindle he borrowed from me. He came in this evening with the nut part of them to show me. They are CNC made but done on his mates CNC on his downtime. I've also enquired about having some tappet guide spanners made up, so they may be on the cards too

Thanks Dave..When I made one (for a bike I eventually sold) I threaded the head to the shaft and then welded and cleaned back the end to give it maximun strength as there is a high tensile loading when the wheel nut is tightened.
On another subject altogether what happened with the saddle covers?....Ian

The covers were an absolute waste of my time! The upholsterer despite being very enthusiastic when I mentioned making them in the quantities that I was talking about (at least 35 on the first order) When it came to making them, firstly the price doubled which I eventually got back down to a reasonable £35 (before I even made a penny on them despite offering to pay the whole amount up front)then he seemed to just put obstacles in front of me to get out of making them, I wouldn't mind, I sent my brother round the other week to get the covers back from him and he said he had no work in! There is no helping some people!

There must be a good upholsterer out there somewhere... ...Ian

Depends what you're looking for Ian. This bloke says he can make a traditional saddle cover (in leather for my special) Not cheap though!!

http://www.buckskinleathercraft.co.uk/

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Dave: please can you give me some measurements, reason for asking is that I have an B33 but the plunger frame, although entirely correct is numbered XM20 which is pretty similar to the M20, if not the same and I have bought one S/S axle & spacer etc but this does not appear to be long enough ie, only getting a few threads on the shaft with the nut.

Kind regards TTJohn

email (option): Jomichael@aol.com

Hi John..The plunger frame B33 has a completely different spindle to the one Dave is talking about...It's a bigger diameter,different length etc. etc. and the spacers, nuts etc. are all different. The plunger models (A,B and M Series) all share the same rear wheel spindle and parts but share no parts with any of the rigid or swinging arm versions..Ian

Dave, Im up for a rear wheel spindle. Will you let us know on the forum when they are ready, or do you want us register our interest with an email?

email (option): Gasboy@btinternet.com

Ian,
If your are ordering a stainless rear spindle, could you get one for me too please?
Tim.

Hi Tim...These are the 'WD' type spindles for the wheel with the drum bolted to the hub, not the later one piece hub. Can you confirm you have the right one before I place an order?...Ian

Ian,

My M33 has the bolt on hub with 4 screw plate on the off-side.
Sprinter has riveted on type hub so I take it these spindles will fit M33 only.

Tim.

Hi Tim...That's correct..let me know if you want one...Ian

Ian,
Yes please.
Tim.

OK Tim...I'll order two when they're ready...Ian

I'll keep you posted about them, they should be ready soon, but the lad thats making them is usually working late at work every night, how he finds the time to make /repair/restore his own stuff I'll never know as he usually dosen't finish work until 7.00pm and sometimes starts at 6.00am then works until at least 12.00 on a saturday, and he goes to autojumbles and competes in trials riding too!

Nieuwe pagina 1