Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Quick control cable question....

Morning!
If I could bother you all with a quick question, is there a vendor who sell a good quality, complete set of control cables for the WD M20?
Thanks!
Mike

email (option): yankee1865@msn.com

Re: Quick control cable question....

Hi mike

I normally buy mine from russel motors or Johnson cables of Banbury in the UK

Draganfly will also stock a full range too

Best regards

Job

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

John O'Brien
Hi mike

I normally buy mine from russel motors or Johnson cables of Banbury in the UK

Draganfly will also stock a full range too

Best regards

Job

As John says Johnsons cables are good, i use them. But buying pre made cables are not good as you may have non standard levers and this could make a difference to the inner cable length. Best to buy the universal cables they sell and make your own. they come with one nipple soldered on and a selection of loose nipples at the other end. You will have to order any adjusters you want but you may be able to use the old ones. The cables come with a long outer and long inner so you can make them look right by cutting them to the correct length to suit your bike. Ill fitting cables don't look good!

Tim w

email (option): t.j.walker@btinternet.com

Mike Pearson
Morning!
If I could bother you all with a quick question, is there a vendor who sell a good quality, complete set of control cables for the WD M20?
Thanks!
Mike

Conwire has been making pattern cables for over 70 years.
Their cables are excellent quality and are stocked by every British bike parts supplier down here.( and probably a lot over there as well )
They do deal directly with Joe Public

www.conwire.com.au.

Sorry the <> for a URL don't seem to work

Bike Beesa
trevor

email (option): wariron@tpg.com.au

Thanks all! I do have the right controls, I seem to have found a bike that s basically unmessed with since it left service. I'll look into these suggestions. I am in the US, probably more efficient to get them locally?
Mike

email (option): yankee1865@msn.com

Mike Pearson
Morning!
Thanks!
Mike

Mike. I make my own cables up, I buy the outer, inner , ferruls and all I need from Vehicle wiring products Derbyshire. tel: 01159305454 they sell other interesting items also & are very helpfull, with excellent fast service. Hope this helps.

TTJohn

email (option): Jomichael@aol.com

Mike I sell the cables for WDM20 made by Conwire in Australia and often ship them to United States. Ebay name is 3guns as BSA 3 rifles was taken. Have them on Ebay at the moment. If you let me know I can work out a price with shipping if you cannot source locally.
Regards John

So you are the bloke "75Shadow1" has donated so much money to ?
Yo really do mesat the nicest people on the M20 Forum .

email (option): wariron@tpg.com.au

Thanks for donating Trevor, I sell to quite a few WDM20 fanatics in Australia, Indonesia, Iceland, Czech Republic, those cables go far and wide accross the world.

John

Nieuwe pagina 1