The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Dragon Rally 2013.

Hi Stuart

Just got back to Sawbridgeworth. Only took two days.

I think my finger nails are going to fall off with the cold.

We had to take the clutch apart as I couldn't pull the lever in when I got up.

Will ask for technical help later. Also, started to pink a bit and is running lean. Will take the carb apart as something not quite right there.

See you next time.

Regards

Pat

ps I overtook a tractor
pps The sole of my boot decided to fall off too and flopped around like a flipper whenever I had to put my foot on the ground.

email (option): sacombsashtrees@hotmail.com

Colin, I might take you up on the offer. Cheers.

Roger, it's a Garmin Oregon GPS receiver loaded with road maps to act as my sat nav. Use it more as an accurate speedo/trip meter though. Using the motorway was a last resort, I was stone cold and wet through and just wanted to motor home.

Pat, your clutch seemed pretty harsh when we tried it Sunday morning. Bit of tinkering and I'm sure you'll sort it. I meant to whip my plug out tonight and see what it looked like. If it's still a bit white I think I shall try raising the needle 1 position and see how she runs. Given I have no clue as to the condition of the engine I was really pleased with how she ran. The high mpg I got makes me think I'm running a bit lean though, don't want to melt the motor!

After leaving the campsite a Honda C50 loaded to the hilt went past me like I was parked up! I went for an overtake in Shrewsbury but the milky got back on his float and pulled away from me .

Thanks for positive remarks,

Stuart

email (option): stu.gibbins@btinternet.com

Let me know when you are in Paignton,It would be an excuse take a run out and have a ride along the coast to Slapton.

Hi Stuart,

Indeed a very good weekend if not a very cold and wet one. Great to have met you for a long chat about these old bikes sorry not to have met Pat but I did see his bike. It was a terrible wet weekend and ride home. I don't know which ride was safest the M6 your route or mine along the A5 with diesel spills on just about every roundabout I met, nothing worse than that red/blueish haze on the road.

I'm glad that I went a few days earlier to make the most of the long journey and as you can see and from what we chatted about, that nice route each of us took...

Photobucket

My first camping night was on the firing range near the Holiday village on the A470 Bronaber. That was blooming cold!...

Photobucket

I only had the tools out once because the float had somehow slipped off the needle and petrol gushed out onto right leg, lucky I saw it. I did mention about putting thinner oil into tank instead of the usual straight 50 oil I normally use. This resulted in an oiled up plug making starting much more difficult. If I had stuck to my usual thick stuff I know I'd have been better off, but as I was expecting the thicker oil to be problematic in cold weather I changed...

Photobucket

Your quite right about the attention these bikes get and much respect that they get, and deserve too. The speed we get out of them is quite enough, I've said numerous times that it really is not about speed. The plodding up hills, noise reverbrating off of hills and alleys is the attraction for me. See you again there next year maybe?

Photobucket

Great photo's LJ. Looking at what you took with you I feel like I travelled light. Certainly was a good route up past the lakes and over the hills.

Just so he doesn't feel left out here's a pic of Pat's WM20:

Stuart

email (option): stu.gibbins@btinternet.com

Nieuwe pagina 1