Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
wm20's at the All British Day in South Australia 10th Feb 2013

Sunday 10th Feb 2013, the All British Day was held at the Echunga Oval near Adelaide. My club the Veteran and Vintage Motorcycle Club of South Australia had 3 wm20's on display, mine and 2 others of club member Mathew Croucher. Also on the BSA owners site was an other wm20, photos attached for your enjoyment
Brian Forth

email (option): forthy@picknowl.com.au

Re: wm20's at the All British Day in South Australia 10th Feb 2013

Hi Brian...Nice turnout...and T shirt weather as well you lucky sod....but I have to ask, why does the Desert M20 have a black front mudguard?....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Ian
yes temperatures of 30c lovely weather.
the person with the sand coloured wm20 is slowly rebuilding it bit by bit, nice job not overdone just a nice clean job showing a bit of age and use, it runs very well, the one nect to him is his son's bike owned by their father/grandfather. regards Brian Forth

email (option): forthy@picknowl.com.au

Hi Ian,

I can solve the mystery of the black guard. I actually restored the bike in 2010. The aim was to have it finished by the National BSA rally in Maitland NSW. Unfortunately I didn't get it all done, and at the last minute I grabbed the unrestored guard, squirted some matt black paint over it and bolted it on. Life got in the way, I never finished the guard and recently sold the bike.

Incidentally, I sucessfully rode the bike from McLaren Vale, South Australia to Newcastle NSW and back again. Total distance approx. 3300 km

Regards

Peter

email (option): peevee1965@yahoo.com.au

Thanks Pete..Nice to hear the full story......Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Howdy Forthy - great to see you on the forum!

You do get around a bit........

Lovely pictures indeed.

Cheers,

Bruce

email (option): brucekirby@telkomsa.net

And what he is not telling you is that there was 4 inches of rain both days before the rally and 5 inches during the rally.

Nothing stops an M20.
And we Aussies are tough.

3300 is a bit short isn't it ?
Sydney to Goolwa was 1695
and Sydney to barossa was 1710 ( each way )

email (option): wariron@tpg.com.au

Nieuwe pagina 1