Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Saddle data sought, still !

I have what I believe to be a Terry/Lycett WD “Universal” saddle, (1944 up?) Could various interested persons please confirm that “Universal” frame/mattress dimensions are:
Plan view
330mm long x 370mm wide?

Could someone please provide drawings/sketches of mounting brackets for “Universal” saddle?

ALSO
I have what I believe to be a Terry S707 (1930's to 1944?)
Could various interested persons please confirm that frame/mattress dimensions are:
Plan view
320mm long x 410mm wide

Suspected TERRY S707 saddle frame has its curved rear cross bar made from hot rolled 0.875” x 0.875” x 0.125” (22.2mm x 22.2mm x 3.2mm) angle-iron. It also has main spring mounts riveted to the crossbar by 0.250” (6.4mm) square rivets. Square rivets in square holes were intended to prevent rotation of the spring mounts, however many saddle frames are found to have also had the spring mounts welded to the crossbar after riveting. The angle-iron crossbar has 4 square holes punched for the 2 possible widths of spring mounts. (213mm spring centres for BSA M20 etc and approx 265mm for unknown usage)

BSA 1937-1958+ rigid frame dimensions for saddle mounts are:

45mm width of the front mount.
220mm centre to centre width of the rear spring mounts.
240mm centre to centre, from front to back between the centre of the front mount and the centre of the spring mounts (horizontal, to vertical).

email (option): n.gentner@bigpond.com

Nieuwe pagina 1