The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Headlight Glass Beading

Hi Ron

I have the WD switch, but cannot find a position where the pilot light goes out.

I am not good at electrics, but find wiring diagrams particularly confusing. It doesn't help as my electrics are positive earth and the wiring diagrams I seem to find are negative earth.

Kind regards

Pat

email (option): sacombsashtrees@hotmail.com

OK Patrick, I'll try and help. Firstly, it makes no difference to the wiring if your bike is Pos or Neg earth. Although they were built Neg earth and you can easily change it and we can discuss that later if you want.
Your switch should look like this (With the brass wings) and I have blown up the switch diagram to make it easier to follow.
Your pilot bulb should connect to terminal 4 and you should have the short loop wire between terminals 3 and 7. It's this loop wire and the action of the wings that switches your pilot light off but leaves your tail light on (Terminal 1).
The only difference to this digram concerns if you have a twin filament headlamp bulb with a dip switch. Then the cable from terminal 2 goes to your dip switch and the other two wires from your dip switch go back to your bulb. Ron

photo M20165_zps5afae248.jpg

photo Scan-130125-0001_zpsb602f6c2.jpg

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks Ron.

I will give this a go!

email (option): sacombsashtrees@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1