Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BSA Hub Identification needed

I've just found an old BSA hub in my parts store and wondered if anyone knew what bike or from what date it was from. I can't download pictures as I haven't signed up for the photo thingy you need, but the brake drum is 7" and is on one side of the hub with the sprocket on the other. The BSA 'piled arms' logo appears on the hub, sprocket, brake drum and even the shoes, so I'm fairly confident that it's from a BSA. It has a capital T stamped underneath the BSA logo and has the Pat No 271985 and the License Pat No. 250724 stamped into it. It also has 24-7951 stamped onto the brake plate. I'm not trying to sell it, in fact, it's not for sale at all, I just wondered if anyone can I.D. it from my awful description and no images? Perhaps if you think you know, I can PM you with some images?

Re: BSA Hub Identification needed

Hi Bill,

It sounds like a late 1920's early 1930's hub. How does the brake plate anchor to the forks? I have all the parts books from 1913 up to 1940 so I can try to look up the number of the brake plate. To identify the hub I need some pictures.

Regards,
Leon

email (option): leonhop3@planet.nl

I was going suggest you might Know Leon. My C10 has a separate drum/sprocket. Send me a picture if you want Bill and I'll post it.

Leon did you get my mail about the headlamp brackets? Ron

Photobucket

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks for the replies, I'll send Ron a photo as soon as I get a chance and if he'd be good enough to post it, I'm sure that would solve things. I know its difficult to say what something is if you haven't actually seen it.

Hi Ron,

I probably did, but I was away all weekend and didn't read any email. I rode my WD M20 Sunday to get to the BSA OC New Year reception. Nice frosty but sunny weather and the M20 running immaculately. That made me smile a big way although you couldnt see that from the outside because of my balaclava'.

I will get back to you later tonight.

I will be in London from Tuesday evening up until Friday morning this week. Sadly I will be working long days so no time for fun and games.

regards,
Leon

email (option): leonhop3@planet.nl

Here is Bills hub for ID. Ron

Photobucket

Photobucket

Thanks for that Ron, it's very good of you. Someone must know what it's from?

Hey Ron/ Bill,
That brake plate 24-7951 and hub first appears in the 1928 parts book.
As fitted to- 3.49HP.SV, 3.49HP. OHV, 3.49HP OHV super, 4.93HP std, 4.93HP deluxe, 4.93HP OHV, 5.57HP and 7.70HP light.
It is listed through to 1935, by which time it is only fitted to the 499SV W35-6. So it would probably fit Daves W6 mentioned in another thread.
Cheers, Mick.

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

That's terrific Mick, thanks for the information, I knew someone out there would know what it was. Thanks to Ron also, I must get signed up so that I can download my own photos in future!

Hello
Sorry to hi-jack this post but if anyone knows the whereabouts of another hub and brake plate the same as this, I looking for one for my W34-7.
Thanks Darren

email (option): Darrenacartwright@yahoo.com.au

Hi Darren...I've mailed you...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Hi, MIck yep same hub as on W6.Will feel strange to have a right hand foot brake as I have not rode a foreign bike for while now...Dave

My C10 has a normal left side brake pedal with a cross over for the right side drum. Ron

Nieuwe pagina 1