Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Oil Tank Cap 16H

Hi,

a new question popped up on my oil tank. When I reassembled the oil tank cap below the sealing ring loose parts felt out of the cap (in my case the sealing was a leather ring or similar??) a clip and a small round part showed up. Some breather mechanism I would say.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I guess there must be a bolt or something to hold the clip, the small round piece and the locking mechanism in place. Riveted or soldered? Does anyone have an advise and a picture of the assembly showing the correct order how to assemble it. Also the role how it is working to avoid e.g. water to enter the tank.
The cap on my Petrol tank is not available so I do not have an example.
What kind of sealing material was used?

Thanks

email (option): phillip.thaler@gmx.at

Re: Oil Tank Cap 16H

Phillip,

Have not seen that loose round bit before, will have a look in the garage, have an N.O.S. cap somewhere.

But no screw is used to hold it!

Have seen leather and fibre washers inside the caps, but leather works better I think.

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Ah, I see now, the little pin has broken off, it prevents that everything turns when the cap is tightened, could be welded back in I suppose?

This is a picture of the petroltank cap, but oiltank should be the same.

The broken off part is probably in your oiltank, or worst case scenario, gone through your broken oilfilter, and now in engine, no not very likely!!

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Thanks Lex,

the engine looked like this part went through I can tell you :-(

Phillip

email (option): phillip.thaler@gmx.at

Nieuwe pagina 1