Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Forum pic.

Young Fritz in the forum picture has been issued with a pretty rare bike..that's a Triumph 5SW. It's fairly noisy as well I should think with no silencer!. Here's one I restored a few years back...Ian Photobucket

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: Forum pic.

Nice bike that Ian

Job

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Correct me if I am wrong. The bike on the forumpicture looks more like an early BSA WM20. Note the closed rear mudguard and the rear carrier is different from the photo from your Triumph, Ian. It also has the early lug on the rear frame where the field stand is mounted and the Lucas HF1140 horn below the left saddlespring.

Don't shoot me if I am wrong, I wear reading glasses these days.

regards,

Ramon

email (option): noahlevi6@hotmail.com

Hi Ramon...No, it's a Triumph. The early M20 didn't have a 'lump' on the timing cover and you can see the distinctive outer fin on the 5SW cyinder head (not the same as the 3SW) along with other Triumph features...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Ramon
Correct me if I am wrong. The bike on the forumpicture looks more like an early BSA WM20. Note the closed rear mudguard and the rear carrier is different from the photo from your Triumph, Ian. It also has the early lug on the rear frame where the field stand is mounted and the Lucas HF1140 horn below the left saddlespring.

Don't shoot me if I am wrong, I wear reading glasses these days.

regards,

Ramon

I think that you need to refresh your browser Ramon....We're looking at a particularly square-headed example of the jack-booted horde on a stolen Triumph.

Ian, no worries about the noise. They won't hear him above the guns !

Photobucket

Love the tyres, where do you get a set of those from?

email (option): 79Aust@sky.com

These seems to be Dunlop Universal, you can still get these new. The set I have on my M20 are Dunlop Unive and are made in India and they are pretty good quality. The tyres on this page have a slitly different name but seems to look the same

http://www.petersclassicbikeparts.nl/contents/nl/d496.html

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Ah that's better, thanks Rik. I was looking at the M20 as well :-)

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Yep, cool forum picture

Hi Ian,

Sorry, I had the former forum picture on my screen when I wrote this.

regards,

ramon

email (option): noahlevi6@hotmail.com

Henk
These seems to be Dunlop Universal, you can still get these new. The set I have on my M20 are Dunlop Unive and are made in India and they are pretty good quality. The tyres on this page have a slitly different name but seems to look the same

http://www.petersclassicbikeparts.nl/contents/nl/d496.html

Henk

Fantastic Henk, at last a set of tyres that I love the look of, these are definitely the ones going on my bike.

email (option): 79Aust@sky.com

You could try Draganfly. They used to stock the Indian made 'Dunlop Universals'

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1