Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rear Number plate : contract S5209

Hi all

Has anyone got a photo of the rear number plate used on the above BSA contract - late war 44/45, period shot or fitted to a restored machine

Best regards

Jo'b

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Re: Rear Number plate : contract S5209

John I think most number plates were deleted by then. So any period number plate will do for today's requirements. One of Jan's latest 1939 plates for an MT110 lamp would be nice. Ron

http://pub37.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=3155626639&frmid=16&msgid=1214081&cmd=show

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

John,

Mine is of this year (44/45) and I beleive the plate I have is completely authentic.
Original Bike in May 2012
I'll get some snaps of the powder coated plate once I get back tonight if you want?

email (option): 79Aust@sky.com

Have a look in O&M! Just a fag end light and no rear number plate by 1944. I'm quite sure they were droped around 1940/41. Of course they would have been fitted fairly soon post war for military or civy use. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Ron is absolutely right, no number plates after '41, why would they fit them??? number went on both sides of the tank.

Julians plate is a postwar military one, as far as I can see it, big reflector on top! typical 50's, 60's mod.

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Mine was sold to Civy Land in 1961 and via Edington CVD, so your absolutely right and must of been a retro fit at point of sale.

Julian

email (option): 79Aust@sky.com

Hi chaps

Thanks for this confirmation, I have checked many photos of late war bikes and all I have seen are not taken from positions I can see clearly, also pannier frames hide a lot !!

My o&m book is on loan so was unable to check

Just need to find the correct contract plate now !!

Best regards

Job

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1