Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
tax man/person

her majesty's inspector of taxes is threating to come down on people selling on ebay and other sites she say if you are selling lots of stuff you are a market trader and liable to tax i thought that there wasnt any tax to pay on second hand thing but if you make a profit on something tax has to be paid on the profit so you will need a bill to proove what you paid for it so if i sell say my bike which i dont realy have many bill for what i had done i could be liable to tax

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

Re: tax man/person

Hi Roger

This is for regular sellers not people who sell a few things each year, anyone can sell several cars or motorcycles each year without becoming a dealer even if they make a small profit.

I sell regulaly on Ebay and use any profits as part of my income so of course I should pay tax, and I've been declaring my Ebay sales for a number of years.

That's capitalism.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

Re: tax man/person

Yes Roger. There is a difference between selling your own personal possessions (even for a profit) And buying and selling things for a profit.
You might have bought an E Type 30 years ago for £10000 and it could be worth 10 times as much now. But it's not a taxable profit as far as I'm aware. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1