Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Registration

How do I find out if my bike still carries its original registration plate as it's been off the road since 1966, it's original marking was YCJ529?

email (option): 79Aust@sky.com

Re: Registration

Julian,

I use a useful site which allowed you to check if numbers are on the DVLA database, which is called mycarcheck.com. If you go to this and put your registration number in you will see that it is not currently on the DVLA database.if you have the old buff logbook or an old tax disc you should be able to recover the old number, otherwise you will have to apply for an age related number. Cheers John

Re: Registration

Thanks John,
I'm not sure at what stage in the restoration I should get this done, as I'm sure I've read somewhere that you should be at a time near completion?
I've' just been reading the DVLA website and see that it is possible to salvage the number with documents that thankfully I have. It does also state that this should be done with the aid of a group, I'm a member of the BSA owners club so I guess I need their involvement.
Was interested as I'd like to get new number plates made but this will just have to wait till I've got confirmation that my number is still valid.
Thanks,
Julian

email (option): 79Aust@sky.com

Nieuwe pagina 1