Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Neale Gentner has updated the Gearbox identification page.

Hello Neale.Are you still looking for casting numbers? One of my boxes has the casting No on top behind the clutch arm and 2 or 3 outer covers have 66-3103 cast on the inside.Two of the outers olso have the extra machining around the 4 lower screw holes and are secured with studs and those special BSA nuts like C11 cases.All came off WD bikes.About 95% of WM20 bikes shipped out to Australia fell between the 41000 to 79000 number range.Hope this helps,Sam.

email (option): smarwick@iprimus.com.au

Hi Sam,

Thank you for your reply,
Yes, still trying to sort it out, I found another shell with number on top here in OZ.

I don't suppose you have a parts list that covers the studs, nuts and modified cover?

Also chasing a drawing of front brackets for universal saddle (66-9195 & 66-9196)

email (option): n.gentner@bigpond.com

Hi Neale,
I've just had a look at four shells I have here, Two WD and two post war.
The WD shells are as you state, one JHL 66-3030 the other completely blank.
One post war shell is PBM 66-3141 but the other is as the '48 with JHL and no oil seal but with the casting number 66-3127 running vertical at the back of the rear mounting lug. This is not the first shell I've seen with this vertical number.
Just wanting to contribute the data base.

email (option): spacemonkeym@gmail.com

Thanks Matt,

The vertical number and post war shell without seal are new to me, can you PM me some pics?

Hi Neale..Early versions of the rigid M and B Series 'telefork' heavyweight boxes didn't have the oilseal. I think this was for a fairly short period as I haven't found that many and have had a lot of these boxes pass through my hands...I haven't checked the parts lists for this feature but I would guess at maybe only 48 and 49...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Ah yes, I knew about the post war box without seal, mentioned in my original gearbox article.
The vertical number was new to me, but on closer inspection I have 3 post war shells without seals and all have the vertical number, albeit very faint.

So when did the WD type box change from screws along bottom of outer cover to studs and shoulder nuts similar to post war box? As seen in BSA Service Sheet 602 which is dated 1949.

I would have thought it was 1948, when the 'later' box was introduced. At that point there might have been a standardization of fixings between the two types?....Ian

boite a vitesse JHL 66 3030

Bonsoir
Fan de vieilles bécane je possède une boite a vitesses JHL 66 3030
pour contact jm.rigaud@sfr.fr
Cordialement j-marc

email (option): jm.rigaud@sfr.fr

Re: boite a vitesse JHL 66 3030

Hi Neale

My gear box outer cover as the following inside

66-3064 D

3064 is crossed out and replaced by 3103

Best regards

Jo'b

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

research brakes Breadmore Precision

Hi,

are you that Neale Genter who is looking for informations about the Research Brakes used by Beardmore Precision? I have a original sales brochure of the TT model with these Brakes. They look like modern disc Brakes.

with Kind regards Robert

email (option): robert.pfarrhofer@aon.at

Nieuwe pagina 1