Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
war finish

BSA M20 frame, examples of original factory brazing, the only clean-up filing appears to be where frame number stamped, hence file marks at serial.

Not unusual to find rough brazing on WM20 frames, but this one is rougher than most!

Brazing under serial results from brazed in pins used to hold frame together during brazing process.

One pin can be seen to right of final digit 8.

Second pin is buried beneath braze above and to right of 0 of WM20.

Production, production, production!

norvin52's war finish brazing album on Photobucket

email (option): n.gentner@bigpond.com

Re: war finish

the new photobucket sucks, there used to be a slide show in original post, now you have to click on "view all"

Wow can see the album now, I just had my frame sand blasted and powder coated but never saw anything as bad as that with quality of brazing, looks like its been repaired for some reason and not had sufficient heat to get the braze to flow. .
Question is, do you clean it up or leave it as a feature?????

email (option): 79aust@sky.com

After I took the photos I cleaned up the worst of the dags and repaired the worn front saddle mount and oil tank mounts.

The rear tank rubbers would not sit flat on the frame because of the dags.

As I repair frames for a living, it was not going to go out the door the way it was, lest someone suggest it was my work, so only the photos remain.

Of course if anyone really really wants a frame especially dagged to BSA extreme war spec, I suppose I could do that to order, wink, wink.

Now the slide show is back, but there are 2 of them!

Better get a photobucket, I think I'm going to vomit!

Nieuwe pagina 1