Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BSA M20 Color

Hello: Looking to understand what the DArk Olive Drab color looks like. Also it gloss level (Flat/ Semi?)

My bike is S2603 contract (1943 to July 1944)

Please post some pictures.

Thanks, Brian

email (option): bwlukhard@msn.com

Re: BSA M20 Color

Hi Brian

Your M20 is probably in late war British green even though it was applied after the war.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

Brian,
I've just had all of my bike powder coated in the dark olive drab, I haven't rebuilt it yet but have individual part photos as shown below.
Photobucket
Happy Christmas and good luck in 2013.
Just let us know if you want any more photos.
Julian

email (option): 79aust@sky.com

Hi Brian...During the war the finish seems to be either a matt or 'eggshell' finish...a slight satin effect. Postwar the colour had a gloss finish. On the whole wartime bikes did not have the aluminium parts such as crankcases, gearbox etc. painted whereas postwar this seemed to be standard practice...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Hello - Thanks for the information.. and posting of color. Is there a paint mixture? I have a color I would like to post that i used on a Korean war era US army jeep. I think may be close. It is an eggshell green with a touch of brown.

How do I upload a picture?

email (option): bwlukhard@msn.com

I have a BS number at work, but yes you do require the brown tinge, depending on the angle I stare at my parts the brown pigment can be seen.
To display photos you need to upload images to Photobucket.com then paste the HTML link wherever you require the drawing.
Happy Xmas.
Julian

email (option): 79aust@sky.com

Nieuwe pagina 1