Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Got your name down for a new Matchless?

Well that may be a bit premature, but there may be some new Matchlesseses on the way...though from Italy, not Plumstead (or Devon)..The Matchless name has changed hands again and has been bought by the Malenotti family (no not that sort of family) who have just completed the sale of Belstaff to a Swiss company...
Anyway..They say they are going to put Matchli into limited production offering various 'retro' styled bikes...Hopefully they won't be too much of a 'dogs dinner'...Oh, and there will be a natty line of clothing as well...I wonder who they'll buy the engines from?..Hopefully it won't be a Jap engined lash up like the so called BSA offered some years back and now, thankfully, out of production..I still have nightmares about that one..or the impending 'nothing to do with Ariel' Ariel with a Honda engine. As an ex Square Four owner I can't really take that seriously either...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: Got your name down for a new Matchless?

An Italian Matchless? A Matchless will always get 'pasta' BSA!! Oh, come on, it wasn't that bad and it is Christmas!

Re: Got your name down for a new Matchless?

..I bought the last Harris Matchless built..It will be interesting to see what the Italians come up with. They do have an eye for style..but the all important thing will be the engine...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1