Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Off topic - Fibre Clutch Inserts

Hi,

Does anyone know of a source for fibre clutch inserts?

I actually need them for my '54 Norton Domi 88 clutch, not my WD/CO's!

I've found a bloke on eBay with a pack for sale, but he doesn't ship to sunny South Africa (Sorry! Had to!)and won't accept emails to ask him to reconsider his shipping policy. Very seldom have I come across an eBay-er who won't ship to the bottom of Africa. Unusual.

Have a very lekker Christmas one and all!

Cheers,

Bruce

email (option): brucekirby@telkomsa.net

Re: Off topic - Fibre Clutch Inserts

Bruce, no doubt Horror (Dave) or Rik will know about Domi parts. But if you get that awkward chap to send them to me, I'll forward to you.
Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Ron,

Thanks for that. I'll see if any of the Domi blokes respond.

The chap who's selling the inserts on eBay doesn't accept email from us colonial folk! When I try, a message flashes up to the effect: "Sorry, but the seller doesn't accept email........ etc."

Frustrating as hell!

Cheers,

Bruce

Well I could email him for you, or maybe there is a better option.

Not a firm called Nor*il is it. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Bruce, I'm in need of some new clutch plates for my Dommie as well. I have some corks inserts in the garage and even a couple of used clutches. Some of the metal tabs on the plates are a bit worn so I was wondering if there's a modern replacement available from someone. I haven't phoned around to find out. SRM, RGS, Mick Hemmings, and even Andover Norton do some Dommie parts and are very helpful. I don't use Les Emery's Norvil because he's a complete idiot.
So I'd try these places, I'm sure they'll do clutch plates.

Please let me know how you get on and I'll get some too

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Hi Ron - no, not No**il!

I've sent you a PM......

Cheers,

Bruce

Hi Horror,

My clutch basket (or sprocket) is the early type with inserts in it, not the later one with the bonded plate. This is for a laydown (laid down?) gearbox.

Clutch plates are easy enough to source - both plain metal and friction plates.

I must admit to not having much contact with Norvil other than viewing their site and the odd email query. Andover seem to have AMC and Commando clutch spares, but not to sure about the earlier clutches.

Cheers,

Bruce

Nieuwe pagina 1