sprinter

go faster m20 http://www.vintagebike.co.uk/classifieds/bsa-sprinter/

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

Re: sprinter

That was on ebay a while back

yea i downloaded all the pics of it back then

I'm getting tired of seeing this bike..but I don't think it will sell anytime soon...To my knowledge it is Nigel Foxs' 16H Norton which holds the Single cylinder sidevalve speed record...unless he's talking about another record altogether. I'd like to see the evidence to support the claims. In the magazine article mentioned in the advert 45 bhp was claimed for this bike...but not backed up by a dyno 'rear wheel' printout which is the only thing that verifies any power claim in my book...Did he accurately 'guess' the output?...Clever man. As that is nearly as much as a works DBD 34 Gold Star I'd be surprised (it doesn't even have an updraught carburettor, one of the essential modifications to get maximum power from a sidevalve.).....The article also contained many inaccuracies about the specifications of BSA sidevalves and opinions on the principles of tuning that contradicted accepted wisdom on the subject. When I read it I could hardly believe that such a badly researched article had gone to print. And anything will run on petrol or methanol..but not without some major changes to the set up. As for the the price of £15000...that has to be a seasonal joke...It is plain to see that sort of money hasn't been spent on the construction of the bike and as the claims for its performance are unsubstantiated where is the justification for it?....If I'm wrong I hope the current ownert sees this post and puts me right...but I suspect that won't happen... ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Yes i think if your going to make up a power output its a good idea to make it believable.

Nieuwe pagina 1