WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Another 'Barn find'

Andy Tiernan's found another one ?

Cheers Pat

Re: Another 'Barn find'

The Kempton bike and Andys look remarkably simular,they both have that strange horn and the Kempton bike ended up in Leiston, quite close to Andys place. The tank on Andys doesn't look like its always been on it and the Kemton bike did have the desirable early tank on it. Could it be the same one?
Cheers, Mick.

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

If it is the same bike. It's definitely had a clean up and rub over with duck oil. To my mind the balloon tank was too far gone and the tank now fitted is more in keeping with the panniers......I still think it makes my Ariel W/NG on Milweb look cheap Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

The same bike, there's the same two cable ties on the front frame tube on Rons and Andys photo. Not a lot of profit if it's 3rd / 4th hand from £3200

Cheers Pat

A friend told me the Kempton M20 did end up at A. Tiernans. At least he is not breaking it!!

email (option): marcus@glassenbury.plus.com

If you add in the value of the tank & odds & ends, a bit off the price after haggling, transport & the fact Andy has to honor customer returns occasionally its likely there's no profit, but people want to see new stock & its better than driving back from Kempton with an empty van more likely.
Bike deals like that just keep the staff wages paid.
Great people over at Andy's place, i must get over there at "tea & biscuit" time soon.

I got my bike from Andy's and where he is based is the railway station my Dad came and went on leave from. He was based around Framlingham and My Mum & Dad had their honeymoon at the White Horse Inn, Badingham....

Nieuwe pagina 1