Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Matchless G3L - Help me identify this part.

Hello, I got a this part for my G3L but not sure where it goes. Can some one help me identify this?

P.S Sorry for being so dumb

Photobucket
Photobucket

Regards
Pratap

email (option): prataphenry@gmail.com

Re: Matchless G3L - Help me identify this part.

Hi,

I have no idea of what it is either. Should I look fo one? LOL!

I am looking for a set of driver foot rests should anyone have any spare.

Cheers

email (option): Britool51@hotmail.com

Just a guess as I'm not a Matchy man...Does it go inside the mudguard and the studs pass through the mudguard to then be used to locate and secure the regulator box with suitable nuts etc.?...Or does it fit inside a mudguard stay and the studs protrude through both the stay and the mudguard to hold it all together, again with suitable nuts etc.?....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

It's sort of as Ian guessed. It joins the short front part of the rear mudguard to the main guard under the saddle. Ron

Photobucket

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thank you all. Brilliant as usual :)

Pratap

Thanks for the picture Pratap, this part is missing from my G3 and I've just got to little bolts holding it together. Now I know what it's supposed to look like, I can make a new one, cheers

Hello Bill,

Please do let me know if you need more pics of the part. I can send them over.

Regards
Pratap

Pratap, I'm intrigued by your display cabinet behind,... which is out of focus. Are these model motorcycles? Ron

They look like the Maisto models, I too have a collection of them, try googling them to see the range, they do quite a range of Harleys and Indians and some British bikes, they are usually around £4.50 ish each but they do make some larger models

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Thanks Dave. Googled them! Ducati's, Honda's and Harley's by the dozen but not and Indian or BSA in site. Someone should go round their place and have a word!!! Ron

I have 2 Indians made by them and another the same in a different cover, they also do a Harley 45 in army trim I've also got a Triumph Bonnie, I think for the money they're pretty good models, it may be worth asking them to do a Military series with all the army bikes, I think they are pretty responsive to requests.
Dave

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Hi Ron,

They are Maisto/New Ray Models, 1:12 scale. Haven't seen vintage motorcycles from them. Maybe they are very hard to make :)

Regards
Pratap

I think there is a model Brough Superior availiable isn't there? Not sure what scale it is or if it's made by this company? In fact I'm not sure of very much about anything at all!

Nieuwe pagina 1