Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Irish Vintage Scene magazine

Big brother visited from ireland last weekend for kempton park autojumble & brought Decembers issue of Irish vintage scene which features all types of vintage vehicles including motorcycles

In this issue it has 5 pages on the BSA WD M20 and the bike owned by Mick Walsh who with his brother Rod were on 65 for 65

I'll scan it at work tomorrow & if you don't mind Henk, will send to you

I just cannot get on with photo bucket !!

Jo'b

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Re: Irish Vintage Scene magazine

And here's the man himself (on the right) just near Merville battery on the 65th.....Ian Photobucket

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

And his bike in front of ye to your right

Job

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Aah Feck, I was hoping nobody outside the parish would see that article. Bloody internet.

I didn't see that picture before Ian,that girl was a bit "stiff" I thought.

What a great time we had at Pegasus bridge and the Merville battery that day. Unfortunately later on both Rod's and my bike's magnetos overheated and we lost sparks. After a cooling down time we got going again and we headed back to our wifes at the campsite. But on the way we met a Belgian guy and his family in the middle of nowhere in a Willys jeep. He was out of juice. This guy had all the right GI gear but hadn't a word of American, never mind English, and our French or Belgian wasn't up to much. Anyway we got the message that he was out of petrol and he hopped up on the back of Rod's bike with his Jerry can and we headed of to find the nearest petrol station.

Meanwhile back at the campsite the girls had us in casualty or worse.

We got your man sorted and headed for home. I think meeting the sargent major after being AWOL would have been better when we got back. AAAH it's nice to be loved.......

Despite all that I hope to go again and I would encourage anybody who has even the slightest interest in doing the trip in 2014 to try and get there, its a wonderful trip.
Mick

email (option): mickwalsh57@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1