Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sundries Group Cable and Wire Clips WD M20

Hello Again From the Land of Enchantment:

I just received my wiring harness from British Only Austria and will be getting a complete set of new one-off control cables thanks to the efforts of Mr. Pier as an intermediary.

The Sundries Group lists a variety of cable ties and wire clips:

66-9050 Top tube cable clip (2)
66-9113 Speedometer cable clip (2)
24-8944 Control cable clips (2)
66-9049 Rubber cable clip (3) maybe John Bull ??? Correct length unknown??
66-9074 Cable clip (3)
65-9071 Tail lamp wire clip (5) I found these at Draganfly

Can any member direct me to a supplier of these various clips? If 66-9049 are John Bull ties, there are plenty available on Ebay, but correct length is not known.

Lastly, where can I find the correct placement for these various clips when installing the wiring harness and control cables? I have searched the forum and the WD pictures I have from Mr. Joore's DVD; however, the details are sketchy. If someone has a definitive placement pattern, that would help.

Some of the above are a bit obvious; not so with the 66-9049 and 66-9074.

Where should the 2 speedometer clips be placed? The 5 taillamp clips go along the rear mudguard, I assume, as they are quite small. Does the taillamp wire run along the siliencer side as I see in one picture?

Too many questions I realize, but with the 741B and 42WLA restorations I did find quidance provided in some restoration documents and by AMCA judges through personal communication.

There may be some clips used on other motocycle models that could be substituted as some pictures I have seem to indicate that frame clips for the 741B are similar to that used by BSA. This may be true for other British models.

Any help locating the clips and providing guidance on their placement is appreciated. I am not restoring this WD M20 for AMCA judging; I just would like to get things as factory correct as possible. That is the anal part of my engineering background. Thanks again as always.

Doc

email (option): h2odoc@nmt.edu

Re: Sundries Group Cable and Wire Clips WD M20

Here a photo of what I have. Believe it or not, most of these come from a very original 1939 M24 Gold Star. The owner didn't care about these clips at all. Quite rare to find them still on a bike. Not sure what goes where to be honest. The 25-8980 are for the taillight wire and so are the smallest two, the first are for early bikes the small for later war and post war bikes. I didn't see any of these rubber ties yet that lasted longer then 6 months, after a while you find them on the floor.

Henk.

BSA cable clips

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Henk:
Thanks for the picture; that will give me something to work with as they appear to be similar to several used on the 741B, 42WLA, and old Indians and Harleys. I guess a clip is a clip, in that there appears to be some commonality in features. I have a few small ones left over that look close enough. Now to figure out where they might go! Thanks.
Doc

email (option): h2odoc@nmt.edu

Have a look in the parts book as they might not all be M20 but most are for sure.

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Some of those in Henk's picture look like bicycle cable clips.

The repro "John Bull" rubber ties are giving John a bad name.

Nieuwe pagina 1