Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
M20 barn find type thing @ Kempton

I thought this might be of interest to some here.
totally ciesed m20 at kempton

i asked how much, the guy said 38

dont know weather he meant 1938 or 3800 quid

Re: M20 barn find type thing @ Kempton

Nice project bike!
And a brockhouse corgi in the back ;-)

cheers,

Leon

By the days end, the bike had been brought to kempton park, been sold by a trader to a trader and finally sold to another trader

Unbelieveable !!

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

The first trader was a trader to the second trader, though the second trader was only a buyer to the first trader. However, he was also a seller to the third trader who was another trader, buying from a seller...assuming of course niether the first trader or the last trader knew the middle man was in fact niether a buyer nor seller but a trader....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

To be sure

:-D

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

It was sold twice....so "To be sure to be sure" Jobby took a photo of me with the bike but it was too fuzzy to post.......Should have gone to 'PhonesRus.com' John!! The last price I heard was £3200. That's not bad for a total wreck! The balloon tank looked too far gone to be saved for starters. Makes my Ariel W/NG on Milweb seem decidedly cheap. Ron

http://www.milweb.net/classifieds.php?type=5

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Why would someone sell the pillion seat? I guess the bike is to be broken. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Last night I was thinking of posting that the next step would be that this bike would be offered completely dismantled on E-bay, but I thought that this would be a ridiculous idea. How could these rude thoughts come up my mind? I shut off my computer and went to sleep....
Unfortunately someone dissapointed me in the worst kind of way when I read the post above.
Perhaps some 'wrong people' are following this forum as well, realizing this hobby of some enthusiasts can fulfill their everlasting hunger for more more and more money, who knows??
Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with making money, but a bike like this should be remained complete. I hope this pillion seat is the only part removed (for any reason! No offence, I don't blame anyone) and the rest will be restored so it will be on the road some day! (just like the abused Norton 16H currently on offer on E-Bay).

This is just my opinion; parting out scarce and original complete bikes for money purposes hits me straight in my WD heart!

Regards,
Sven

email (option): snvosselman@gmail.com

the trouble is they can make maybe double money than just selling it as a whole it might take time

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

Sven, I just came across the pillion seat on ebay and saw it did come of the bike mentioned in the post. Thats why I posted the message.

Regards,
Peter

At Kempton the bike ended up with one of the guys involved in the Brit replica Welbikes...Perhaps they are going on to do replica M20s? ...Ian

At Kempton the bike ended up with one of the guys involved in the Brit replica Welbikes...Perhaps they are going on to do replica M20s? ...Ian

Hi Peter,

I don't blame you at all! As a Dispatch Rider I never 'kill the messenger'
I was just hoping this parting out wasn't going to happen...

Regards,
Sven

email (option): snvosselman@gmail.com

What a lovely M20....just how I like to see them! A bit of time cleaned and oiled up, got running and used as it is, I am sure it would be 45 hundred then? and I cant see it would be worth that broken up! Did it have original combination levers as it looks like it may have? Did anyone look at engine/frame numbers?........
Maybe I am just over optimistic

email (option): marcus@glassenbury.plus.com

So, just for a slightly different perspective.
I'm assembling my M20 and spending a fair amount of time and money,
knowing that I'm missing a few crucial parts. I'm optimistic that I'll find them,
but where will they come from? Suppose that I have my bike complete,
except for that gearbox cover that I understand is getting very rare?
They can't all be made whole can they?
Like a person waiting for a heart transplant
I may end up waiting for one to die so mine can live

email (option): siradrad@verizon.net

It is true that some partially complete M20s may never get on the road for want of parts, but that is just a reflection of the fact there are a lot of partially complete M20s.
This one is/was fairly complete and a relatively easy restoration at that. I'm not a fan of preserved rust so a winter in my workshop would have had it looking 'ex factory' again and ready for a few more decades of service...Far too good and complete to be broken in my opinion...Ian

Looking at the picture posted on ebay of the bike along with rear seat, perhaps it is a litle worse than I thought! so maybe not quite an oily rag bike but surely too complete/original to sell as parts,on the other hand, good original parts do need to come from somewhere?

email (option): marcus@glassenbury.plus.com

If there were parts out there to build only 100 complete M20s they could be broken, swapped and moved around as much as you like...There would still only be 100 complete M20s, so nothing would be gained in the 'grand scheme' of things. What is in fact needed is more good quality replica parts...Then there would be more complete M20s and that has to make sense.. ....Ian

Well said Ian! At least the pillion seat that is for sale on eBay is available as a good quality replica! No point in selling that one separately!

Cheers,
Jan

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1