Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Someone will have a big challenge..........

if the reserve price will be reached....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Norton-16H-?cmd=ViewItem&hash=item3f2014cc68&item=271121173608&pt=US_motorcycles

'the engine ran when put away 6 years ago'.........yeah right..

Looks like an Indian project in need of a lot new threads!

Regards,
Sven

email (option): snvosselman@gmail.com

Re: Someone will have a big challenge..........

I do believe that you're correct about the origins of that one Sven. No-one else would weld up an inlet stub to take a Mikuni. It looks as if the forks have been played with by someone who hasn't quite worked out how the threads operate on Norton/Webbs. I've never seen the handlebar clamps set to put the bars in front before. Not much chance of fitting a speedo !

It may have run six years ago. Not very well, probably but I'd expect that an hour or two's work would see it popping and banging away.

Bearing in mind how few WD16Hs are in the US, it would be worth doing if the price is right and the restorer isn't short of funds.

I do admire the way that US sellers put lots of photos on their eBay vehicle auctions and that they don't do any of the coy number-hiding business that UK sellers seem to find so essential....Another motor number saved for my file. As expected, one this high doesn't show any Inspector's stamp.

Pre-unit British singles are virtual orphans in the US. There is a scattering of Goldstars and a Manx or two, but not much else.

My M20s would be in the same or worse shape as this 16H if it weren't for this forum, Draganfly, Russell, and the other old country vendors on the internet.

Now, if I had a WLA, I would be in "high cotton."

Interesting, for being in the US, not many of those about, lot's of M20's, and some Matchlesses (I would be to blame for that!) but it must have been worked on recently, a respray would not look that way after 6 years, the toolbox is an Indian copy by the way.

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@wish.net

Lex Schmidt
Interesting, for being in the US, not many of those about, lot's of M20's, and some Matchlesses (I would be to blame for that!) but it must have been worked on recently, a respray would not look that way after 6 years, the toolbox is an Indian copy by the way.

Cheers,

Lex

Yes,and judging by the horrifyingly poor fitment of the front fender (mudguard to you folks across the pond) , that's an Indian copy too!
Canada used the 16H and they are more common here than M20's, though still pretty rare. Seems to be lots of Harley WLC's though (all painted pretty and heavily chromed).

email (option): vinver-ns.sympatico.ca

"This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available"

Good news! I think the seller has put the Norton (or what's left of it) back into his shed for another 6 years.......so he can try again to sell it in 2018!

Regards,
Sven

The trouble is he won't then be able to say it was running when he put it in the shed 6 years ago..He will have to say it was running when he put it in the shed 12 years ago...that might affect the price badly.. ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

One careful owner, and it wasn't him.LOL.

email (option): 79aust@sky.com

OH NO!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Norton-16H-?cmd=ViewItem&hash=item3f20244480&item=271122187392&pt=US_motorcycles

I feel sorry for all these bidders.....

Nieuwe pagina 1