Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A few tips for improved performance!

Lots of you will of course know about Pat Jeal. But for those who don't, here is an account of his M20 sprinter. Ron

http://victorylibrary.com/brit/enigmas3.htm

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: A few tips for improved performance!

I guess it was mainly the reversed headlamp that did the trick?

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

I expect once you've tucked yourself behind the headlamp there would be nil wind resistance. Ian might have to reverse an 8" headlamp on his sprinter as I'm sure he's bigger than Pat Jeal Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Myself and Pat are members of the same vehicle club, The Midland Vehicle Preservation Society. He's acting as my 'WM20 email helpline' while I get my head around my new purchase.

I don't have any pics of his M20 but hear are a couple of another of his sprinters, Claudius 2:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

If I overtake you, doing about 80, on the way to the War & Peace Revival next year you'll know who tuned my bike!! .

Stuart

email (option): stu.gibbins@btinternet.com

Nice pictures...I believe 'Claudius II' was built using a lot of the parts of 'Claudius'...I should be in that club...I was born in Counden, Coventry ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Here's a picture of Bill Goughs M20 that did 104mph along a beach in Australia in 1964...Note the twin inlet ports and carbs!..The bike is now in a museum in Tasmania...The 'Bonneville' M20, featured on the 'Victory Library' site, that did 108mph used Nitrous Oxide...a 'chemical' way to enhance power output without employing conventional tuning methods to improve the engines performance..It also pressurises the inlet port and is therefore not really a sporting effort on two counts!...Ian Photobucket

Ian Wright
Nice pictures...I believe 'Claudius II' was built using a lot of the parts of 'Claudius'...I should be in that club...I was born in Counden, Coventry ...Ian

Must have been a few years ago Ian, you spelt it wrong . Should have been Coundon, and your welcome at any of our club nights.

Stuart

email (option): stu.gibbins@btinternet.com

Hi Stuart..It was..We left in 1959 when my father got a job at Mettoy (makers of the 'Corgi' cars etc.)...I was only 5 at the time!..The next few years were pretty good having an old man that worked in a toy factory...He used to take me in with him on Saturday mornings and show me round the place and I usually came away with some 'rejects'....There can't have been many 6-7 year olds who were familiar with pressure die casting methods and plastic injection molding! He was in Coventry during the war working on Aero engines and he stayed there for a few years afterwards as he spent time at both Armstrong Siddeley and Alfred Herberts...
I'd like to meet Pat Jeal sometime..I'm fairly confident we have a lot in common...Ian

Nieuwe pagina 1