Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Gutting an MCR2 Reg

What is the preferred method for removing the internals? I'd like to remove the coils and the steel frame that they're attached to but leave the resin fibre base plate.

Re: Gutting an MCR2 Reg

Dont destroy a good one, that is against the law ( or should be).. If you want a case to put a solid state regulator in use a non worker.

email (option): Gasboy@btinternet.com

I use the Indian repro regulators (best use for them) just unsolder the connections then undo the screw at bottom and remove the innards. Fit a electronic type to old connections.I also cut down the lid to give it a MR1 look.Not much to go wrong with the originals I still use a 40w dynamo and a MR1 type on my WM20 with no trouble.. Dave

I use the Indian repro regulators (best use for them) just unsolder the connections then undo the screw at bottom and remove the innards. Fit a electronic type to old connections.I also cut down the lid to give it a MR1 look.Not much to go wrong with the originals I still use a 40w dynamo and a MR1 type on my WM20 with no trouble.. Dave

Peter, putting a solid state regulator in use a non worker is what I'm doing and the MCR2 is the correct reg for my M21 plunger. The problem I have is removing the sunken nuts from the base, no room for a socket or spanner.

Nieuwe pagina 1