Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
war and peace show

does any one know if the story about the move of the war and peace show is correrct?,will the hop farm be holding there own show??

email (option): adriancrossan@tiscali.co.uk

Re: war and peace show

I hear the new (original Rex Cadman) show may be re-located just off the M20 in Kent near Folkstone, also been told that the Hop Farm owners want to keep their own show there!..........so there might be 2 shows to attend. I personally feel that the War and Peace show was and is Rex's show and the venue is bound to change over the years.but I guess there are big £££ based arguements going on about this...
PS. This is only what I hear as I live in Kent.

email (option): marcus@glassenbury.plus.com

This is what I have. But the website doesn't seem to be up and running yet? Ron

PRESS RELEASE
30 November 2012
WAR AND PEACE RACES TO HELLFIRE CORNER!

Rex Cadman is delighted to announce the launch of his brand new show; The War and Peace Revival, which will be held at RAF Westenhanger, Folkestone Racecourse near Hythe, Kent on 17-21 July 2013.

Of this exciting new venture, Rex said: “after celebrating the 30th anniversary of the War and Peace Show, we thought it was time to draw a line under the event and move forwards with a new event in a new venue, creating something exciting and fresh. My years of experience with The War and Peace Show have given me the understanding of what does and doesn’t work, so the new show will be even better!”

Rex is best known for his former show, The War and Peace Show, which was at The Hop Farm in Kent for 25 years and celebrated its 30th anniversary this year. Rex organised this with his team from 1989, taking it from a small club show started by the Invicta Military Vehicle Preservation Society (IMPS) with just 100 vehicles in 1982, to the world’s biggest military vehicle event.

The Racecourse location was chosen due to its unique relevancy to the new military and vintage event. Right in the heart of Hellfire Corner, so named due to the battering it received during the Battle of Britain in 1940, the area is steeped in military history. The Racecourse itself was used as part of Operation Fortitude (South) during WW2 - the great deception designed to fool the Germans into believing the D-Day landings would be in Calais, not Normandy. Inflatable aircraft were set up along the racecourse to make it look like an active airfield and in 1944 660 Squadron used the racecourse to practice operations with local army units, prior to leaving for France three months later.

President of the IMPS, James Baxter, said: “This new show, in a fantastic location, is a very exciting development. The permanent facilities, such as bars, restaurants, etc provided at the racecourse will greatly enhance the experience of the show, for both visitors and exhibitors alike. Rex Cadman is moving military history events to a new level which cannot be matched anywhere else, and IMPS is delighted to support this new venture.”

Visitors to the new show will be able to see many of the expected attractions including living history, military vehicles, meeting WW2 and other veterans, vintage civilian entertainment, trade stands, celebrities, battle re-enactments and military models.

The first War and Peace Revival will be held at Folkestone Racecourse near Hythe, Kent CT21 4HX (just off the M20 Junction 11) from 17-21 July 2013. See www.thewarandpeacerevival.co.uk

ENDS

For more details about The War and Peace Revival, please contact:

Rex Cadman - Organiser
Rex@warandpeace.uk.com
Tel: 01304 813337/813945

Georgina Martin - Marketing and Press
georgina@warandpeace.uk.com
Tel: 01304 813337 - Mob: 07774 848678

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I have just received this email from Rex. Ron

Hi Ron
Yes, the rumours are true. After 25 years at the Hop Farm it has been decided to call it a day as The War and Peace Show after 30 years. As I am sure you can imagine, not an easy or welcome decision. The new show, the War and Peace Revival will breathe new life into this event. I am sorry we could not let people know sooner.
All best wishes,

Rex and Team
Photobucket

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I will be there to support our club the IMPS, good luck ReX Andrew.h.

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

Lets hope it goes ahead ok and perhaps the organisers will do the right thing and ban the ss reinactors!

email (option): Adriancrossan@tiscali.co.uk

Adrian crossan
Lets hope it goes ahead ok and perhaps the organisers will do the right thing and ban the ss reinactors!

Well Adrian, that will never happen, as half of the visitors come to see the baddies!!

We have had numerous skirmishes on the jumble field with them, as they're not supposed to go there in uniform!

Cheers, Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Personally I don't think any SS reenactors should be banned as long as they are not overtly political...particularly Waffen SS reenactors who were not 'political' troops and who tactically came under the control of the Army High Command, not the higher levels of the SS..They were all part of the history...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Oh great, now it's even further away from me!!

With regard to the SS question, I can see both points of view. I can see why some people would object and perhaps find their presence upsetting, but I do think that by banning the SS reenactors, you'd end up with a very one sided and unbalanced view of history? As Ian says, as long as they arn't there to promote a political view and they are there instead, to show a balanced and true history of the war, then they should be welcomed?

As the show site is new would this be a good time to ask for a motorcycle area/stand/display/thing..?

Rob

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

It would be nice if someone put some thought into displaying the motorcycles Rob. Motorcycles, especially British ones, don't seem to get the credit they deserve. Everyone seems to be obsessed with Tiger tanks and Jeeps and its very rare that bikes get a mention in magazines or at shows.

Regarding content, it has been pointed out on another forum that the proposed site is much smaller than the Hop Farm, so I reckon they will need to have a clear idea of what they want. Maybe the space will dictate who or what is there?

email (option): cruiserchooser AT hotmail.co.uk

I guess they will have to be more strict with people roping off vast areas of field that they don't need.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

Personally, I find mock battles pointless and disturbing and having always tried to respect the 'Never, never let your gun pointed be at anyone' philosophy, I'm scared witless by kids walking round swinging firearms, replica or otherwise, so I won't be there.

Nieuwe pagina 1