Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Should I white tip a desert m20?

Hi I have a finished desert wm20. I thought a white tip on the front fender would look cool, but I didn't know if that was way incorrect. Anyone else's thoughts?

email (option): Jeff@infinitymedspa.com

Re: Should I white tip a desert m20?

I think the white muguard tip and white edging to cars was so pedestrians could see you in the blackout, it wouldn't be very effective with a light coloured paint but I guess it could have been of use in Alex or Cairo during the blackout?

Rob

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

Lets not get into what's right and wrong with paint again! My Matchless spent 18 years with the army in the Middle East and seems to have stayed Khaki Green the whole time, which never ceases to confuse people at shows!

Somewhere in a Spike Milligan book, he describes the meeting of 1st and 8th Armies in Tunisia, and says you could tell the difference because 1st Army vehicles were green and 8th Army vehicles where sand coloured.

There is a diagram in existance showing how to apply the desert Caunter Scheme to a motorcycle so there was an intention to paint vehicles as small as motorcycles in a "local" colour, but as Bill says it wasn't always done.

But the original question is should you have white tips to the mudguards if a motorcycle is painted in desert colour and I can't find any evidense at present to say yes.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

wouldnt the white tipped mudguard have been military police vehicles

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

Nieuwe pagina 1