Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
motorcycle reg

Ime in the process of restoring a g3l.The bike has no log book or reg number.
Before the no mot test came in i understand you had to fist get the bike past an mot then go along with said bike to vosa for inspection.Can anyone tell me what happens now.And also do i tell them it was a barn find.

email (option): cooperbaumber@yahoo.com

Re: motorcycle reg

Hi Stephen,

As far as i know as with your bike it will have to have a MOT to show it is road worthy. Then you will have to provide information of year of manufacture to start the registration process. If you get old bike mart mail Mike Worthington Williams who will guide you through the process. He did it for me with a vintage special i am building it was a quick and painless process but this was before the new no MOT idea, he does charge for his work but its well worth it.

Tim W

email (option): t.j.walker@btinternet.com

Re: motorcycle reg

I think that it is correct that you will need an MOTvfornthe first registration. You should not tell them anything other than it was a complete and original bike. It is very easy to get an age related number. The last 2 I have got have only taken a week from my visit to the local office to receiving my new number. Personally, I would not use Mike WW unless I was trying to retain an original number. You will need a dating letter from the AJS and Matchless Club and I can give you that if you do not have the address of the dating officer. I also have my bike inspected by the secretary of the local branch of the club and he prepares a letter confirming that it has been inspected and is all original. If you email me direct I will send you an example of this letter. I then take photos of the engine and frame numbers, print then on half of an A4 page and he signs underneath confirming they are a true likeness of the numbers he inspected. One the last 2 occasions they have given me the number without inspecting it further. I hope this is helpful. Cheers John

email (option): tinley@btinternet.com

Nieuwe pagina 1