Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Drive side bearing: which one to use?

I have two of the 62mm drive side bearings; one is SKF 6305-2z "07 23340D Explorer Made in Italy", (with dust rings nearly impossible to remove), and the other is a Japanese H NSK NF305 roller bearing.
Which one is the preferred one
And how should the latter be mounted: with the outer ring opening to the flywheel side so that the case with rollers can be pulled out

email (option): viaconsu [at] planet [dot] nl

Re: Drive side bearing: which one to use?

Hi Hans...Go with the NSK roller bearing... The bearing outer is fitted with the open side to the flywheel as you suggested and the inner, when it is fitted to the mainshaft, should have the numbers that are etched on it facing the same way as the numbers on the outer......Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Thanks Ian, now I can use the oven and fridge to mount the thing

Don't forget to put on your Chefs hat!.. ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

And of course using only pure olive oil

Hi hans

Ian is spot on. The roller bearing is spot on. The design allows it to be mounted inner and outer race separately and then assembled as the shafts are put into the housings. The load rating of the roller bearing is slightly higher than the ball bearing
And the quality of NSK bearings is beyond doubt as one of the better brands., although I would prefer a C3 rated bearing to cope with any heat.

The metal shields in the 6305zz bearing can be removed by inserting a terminal screwdriver into the gap between the inner race ( you will have to force it ) and then rotating the blade to "crease" the shield. CAREFUL though, you may feel a slight resistance which would be the ribbon cage inside the bearing. If you do, try elsewhere so that you do not damage this cage.

Any problems, please drop me a line or call me, I would be glad to assist you.

Darren.

email (option): dwrudd@lineone.net

Nieuwe pagina 1